• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SGC goes up to $75 per card, RIP CGC

6 posts in this topic

SGC was a solid alternative to PSA since they did $25 per card and did all other games just like PSA (like Yugioh, Pokemon 3rd party stickers, other TCGs in general). However, today they went up to $75 per card, due to PSA shutting down, making CGC the only cheap option in the game for Pokemon. There is officially zero competition with CGC's price points and TAT's at the moment.

I was going to send my Pokemon stuff to CGC since I had a dozen cards that I cant send to SGC due to their value but Im expecting either a huge price hike or TAT's double to tripling in the next week from CGC. Incoming some sort of huge change. Even with all the new facilities and workers, its virtually impossible for CGC to scale to handle PSA's workload. I await to see CGC's response since things are about to get ugly lol.

Edited by geraldfordfan69

1 hour ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

I await to see CGC's response since things are about to get ugly lol.

What's that?

I can imagine my bulk that was within days of grading probably just got shafted into oblivion.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

1 hour ago, C2N0 said:

Lmaooo I was just looking at them the other day to see what the slabs looked like (not exactly a fan tbh). $75 for the lowest tier of grading though? Yeeshhhhhh

I was using them for Yugioh and sent them some Pokemon too. At 25 a pop, its a solid deal (or was). I sent them 16 more cards today but it was all high end stuff. I liked CGC at the start but now they look like they are probably screwed too. Never thought PSA would shut down and lead to this type of stuff happening.

Im going to have to wait to grade anything else and Ill re-evaluate who Im going with once the market stabilizes who I will go with. PSA has the best returns. Even though CGC does good work, market doesnt care lol. I guess we will see who offers what when its time to grade again.

2 hours ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

I was using them for Yugioh and sent them some Pokemon too. At 25 a pop, its a solid deal (or was). I sent them 16 more cards today but it was all high end stuff. I liked CGC at the start but now they look like they are probably screwed too. Never thought PSA would shut down and lead to this type of stuff happening.

Im going to have to wait to grade anything else and Ill re-evaluate who Im going with once the market stabilizes who I will go with. PSA has the best returns. Even though CGC does good work, market doesnt care lol. I guess we will see who offers what when its time to grade again.

Yeah I’m just stacking singles at the moment. I know regardless of who I send it to it’ll get lost in the abyss.