• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,631 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, mattisgoku said:

Really?? Kind of upsetting I paid for a higher tier (Economy) and it was received one day later and is still in the encapsulation stage. Paid for it to be faster and currently it'll be slower...

However, congrats on having your cards on their way back! Exciting times right there!

Thanks, do you have subs on your cards, because im still waiting on 14 with subs that is still stuck in that glitch “grading/encapsulation/imaging”

30 minutes ago, Fischer P said:

Thanks, do you have subs on your cards, because im still waiting on 14 with subs that is still stuck in that glitch “grading/encapsulation/imaging”

Mine did not have subs. I asked Paul, and he told me that back at this point economy and bulk were treated the same, whereas now it is FIFO (first in first out). Which makes sense

2 minutes ago, mattisgoku said:

Mine did not have subs. I asked Paul, and he told me that back at this point economy and bulk were treated the same, whereas now it is FIFO (first in first out). Which makes sense

Ahhhh makes sense, it just confuses me that if you have sub-grades, it takes significantly longer than no subs. Because you get the grade of a regular no sub by finding the 4 corners,edges,surface,and centering. You just don't have to type it in per card. It just doesnt make since to me that it takes them days longer if i send my order in 1 bulk sub and they get done at 2 separate times due to me still waiting on 14 out of the 50 cards i sent in to get graded, while the other 36 are shipped back already

56 card standard submission

Delivered: 4/16/21

Received: 7/13/21

I’m a little annoyed that my package has just been received. I’ve been on this forum seeing other standard subs be received in may and already returned in June. When I sent my package I wasnt aware that I was suppose to write “ST” on the box to be opened faster (thought it was only for express and walkthrough). My sub is currently scheduled for grading and will hopefully be sent back soon because it’s already past the 52 business day quote time (I know it’s a quote but the time was defiantly shorter when I sent it out) 

52 minutes ago, Benjamin.Miller said:

56 card standard submission

Delivered: 4/16/21

Received: 7/13/21

I’m a little annoyed that my package has just been received. I’ve been on this forum seeing other standard subs be received in may and already returned in June. When I sent my package I wasnt aware that I was suppose to write “ST” on the box to be opened faster (thought it was only for express and walkthrough). My sub is currently scheduled for grading and will hopefully be sent back soon because it’s already past the 52 business day quote time (I know it’s a quote but the time was defiantly shorter when I sent it out) 

I'm in the same boat. My standard sub delivered 4/15 and received 7/6 and still sitting at scheduled for grading. I email CGC 48 hours ago regarding this and still haven't received a reply back....

3 hours ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I'm in the same boat. My standard sub delivered 4/15 and received 7/6 and still sitting at scheduled for grading. I email CGC 48 hours ago regarding this and still haven't received a reply back....

We're all in the same boat unfortunately. CGC screwed the people who sent their stuff in way earlier in the year.

This "Scheduled for Grading" glitch blows because i have 3 orders that are received 2/17 and i cant tell if its actually time for them to actually be scheduled to get grading or theyre not. They should be in the next batch up to see some movement. i hope it gets cleared out soon

11 minutes ago, smeeeeee said:

This "Scheduled for Grading" glitch blows because i have 3 orders that are received 2/17 and i cant tell if its actually time for them to actually be scheduled to get grading or theyre not. They should be in the next batch up to see some movement. i hope it gets cleared out soon

You would think after a whole week this "glitch" would be cleared up but nah lol

7 hours ago, MattyIcee said:

So, it's been about a week and my cards are still in the "scheduled for grading" phase... Is the glitch still active or are my cards actually in that phase ¬¬

Definitely still active. I just got a package delivered yesterday and all the tiers in that package are Scheduled when they should be Received.

1 hour ago, kreativemente said:

Definitely still active. I just got a package delivered yesterday and all the tiers in that package are Scheduled when they should be Received.

Technically, the day submissions are received they are scheduled for grading. I never understood the tier as it was. It was kind of lame. What does it mean? When my past cards went into scheduled for grading they didn't send me a confirmed scheduled date. I guess what I am trying to say is, there is no difference between "received" and "Scheduled for grading" as they both sit doing nothing while in these tiers. Just a reminder tier that they got your cards and that you paid to have them graded. LOL.

37 minutes ago, joe_signs said:

Technically, the day submissions are received they are scheduled for grading. I never understood the tier as it was. It was kind of lame. What does it mean? When my past cards went into scheduled for grading they didn't send me a confirmed scheduled date. I guess what I am trying to say is, there is no difference between "received" and "Scheduled for grading" as they both sit doing nothing while in these tiers. Just a reminder tier that they got your cards and that you paid to have them graded. LOL.

If you cared to look...

Scheduled for Grading

Each collectible has now been described in detail in CGC’s computer system and checked against the submitter’s descriptions. A unique identification number has been assigned to each collectible based on the submission form number and line item number. These identification numbers are printed on temporary holders and will be used to track each collectible throughout CGC’s grading process.

Submissions are then arranged by service and received date so that they can be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service type.

8 minutes ago, drewwebs said:

If you cared to look...

I did look at that once and it never made sense to me. It doesn't talk about the scheduled date of grading. It says your cards have been received and processed and when we finish the person ahead of you it will be your turn. The name of the category doesn't make sense to me. "Waiting to be Graded" would be more accurate and correct. There is no scheduling in a first come first serve business model.  I don't think you understood what I was saying. It is a lame name for that part of the complete through process. Quite insignificant. They would be better off calling it ID and Verification. That is exactly what they are describing.