• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholder Sig Seires?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know if CGC will reholder a signature series comic? I got one recently and the very high IQ seller shipped in an envelope so it came in cracked. I'm figuring out payments with the seller but just curious if they reholder them! 

Thanks everyone!

yup!

i done it before

18 minutes ago, Devin Colman said:

Anyone know if CGC will reholder a signature series comic? I got one recently and the very high IQ seller shipped in an envelope so it came in cracked. I'm figuring out payments with the seller but just curious if they reholder them! 

Thanks everyone!

Unless it's a rare book that hardly ever is sold in your grade, I would ask for a full refund.  Anyone who ships a book in a flimsy envelope probably didn't even care for the book much when they owned it, which might be a reason why he is selling it in the first place.  Been burned like that before.  On top of that, who knows what kind of damage occurred to the actual book itself while shipped.  The case is cracked but then you might have shaken slab issues.  Although I read conflicting reports here, apparently sometimes CGC will regrade a book when re-holdered.  Your call but something to think about.

36 minutes ago, Sky1 said:

I would ask for a full refund

I would, however I can't really complain, paid $20 for a raffle ticket and won this book through that. I'd definitely rather the damaged holder than my $20 back. I'm just seeing if one day I may be able to get it reheld. 

Thanks though, that's certainly good advice if I had in fact bought it and it wasn't just a lucky win/unlucky shipping incident.

3 minutes ago, Devin Colman said:

I would, however I can't really complain, paid $20 for a raffle ticket and won this book through that. I'd definitely rather the damaged holder than my $20 back. I'm just seeing if one day I may be able to get it reheld. 

Thanks though, that's certainly good advice if I had in fact bought it and it wasn't just a lucky win/unlucky shipping incident.

Nice, congratulations on that win!  Yea then I wouldn't complain too much if I was in that scenario either.  Can I ask what event was raffling a CGC book?  Maybe I am entering all the wrong raffles, just never seen that done, lol

It's easy to re-holder any CGC book, been a while but last I checked it was $12.

37 minutes ago, Sky1 said:

Can I ask what event was raffling a CGC book?

It's a Facebook group! We're based in Canada, unfortunately I'm not senior enough to invite people, but maybe there's some in your area. If you're on instagram, check out @rogerlevesque he currently has a charity raffle going on with tons of slabs to win. There's also a group of up and coming YouTubers that are constantly doing slab giveaways, some channels include VeryGaryComics, PressableDefects and 3MenInaBasement. 3MIB are having their 2500 sub giveaway tmrw at 8 pm est, I never miss entering those, slim chances but the prizes are sweet!

1 hour ago, Devin Colman said:

It's a Facebook group! We're based in Canada, unfortunately I'm not senior enough to invite people, but maybe there's some in your area. If you're on instagram, check out @rogerlevesque he currently has a charity raffle going on with tons of slabs to win. There's also a group of up and coming YouTubers that are constantly doing slab giveaways, some channels include VeryGaryComics, PressableDefects and 3MenInaBasement. 3MIB are having their 2500 sub giveaway tmrw at 8 pm est, I never miss entering those, slim chances but the prizes are sweet!

Thanks for the info, I will be checking out those channels!