• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will The Marvel love ever spread to DC?
2 2

91 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Dc movies are weird sometimes,joker movie is for me not a dc movie,the joker is in his 40s,aint maliciously smart,have no skills ,and when bruce wayne begins to be batman aprox 25 years old,the joker will be too old ,nothing fits for dc universe,a good movie,but it should have been called someting else have nothing to do with dc,and the movie would have been more enjoyable.for me batman beyond would be their best chance to make a statement.to prove that they are ready for the same level as marvel.a warlord movie would be a godsend too(worship)

I agree. They should have never called that the Joker. Should have been called American psycho who has a bad life and mental problems.

Phoenix did a great job acting though, he deserved the Oscar 

11 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I do believe DC will have it's day.  The characters are still iconic household names and many of the stories were great. 

They just gotta figure it out. 

Superman, Flash and Wonder Women simply haven't aged well. They feel very old fashion and unrelatable. Heck, that was even true when I was a kid (90s). The only DC books we bought growing up was Miller's Batman. 

But I have faith that things change. Someone will figure out how to properly use these characters on the big screen. 

Maybe this isn't relevant because Marvel has dominated the big screen for multiple decades now, but in the 80s and 90s the Superman movies (Reeves) and Batman movies (Keaton) were big big deals and Marvel was nowhere to be seen. So I do think things will shift, it's just seems to be taking decades for DC to get its act together (other than Batman). 

As for book values, GA DC will continue to do fine. SA will always lack it's Marvel counterparts. And I love BA DC. 

DC was owned by a movie company. Marvel was not owned by anyone. So they had to partner up to make a movie and it was going to be low budget krap like the punisher in 1989, which I don't think even got a theatrical release? By 1998 when they made Blade and had a budget for a proper movie, they finally made a decent movie, but it wasnt a "super hero" movie, it was a vampire movie. Having SPidey, X-Men, and FF owned by other companies sure didn't help matters.

The dark knight trilogy suffers more and more as the films go.begins was dark moody gotham was more like the comics ras al ghul was great we knew he would come back(wich he didnt,ouch)then the dark knight almost always taking place in daylight gotham is now a normal city design wise(wants to make it more real,ouch)batman costume design got worst......the acting was perfect,music perfect two face have the same kind of fate as first venom in spider man 3 ,ouch.(when two face got 15 min screentime tops.but hey good movie.then everything got from ok to a real disaster...... i mean bane come on....talia look like a aunt of someone not a femme fatale with years of training......then i skip a lot of bad doing including the weird Robin to be.and go to the finale,spoiler alert.batman dies and bruce wayne lives,wait what?bruce wayne can die but batman will always live in annother person taking the cowl thats the point of batman itself!!!and they missed it !:facepalm:

Edited by Namtak

1 minute ago, Namtak said:

The dark knight trilogy suffers more and more as the films go.begins was dark moody gotham was more like the comics ras al ghul was great we knew he would come back(wich he didnt,ouch)then the dark knight almost always taking place in daylight gotham is now a normal city design wise(wants to make it more real,ouch)batman costume design got worst......the acting was perfect,music perfect two face have the same kind of fate as first venom in spider man 3 ,ouch.(when two face got 15 min screentime tops.but hey good movie.then everything got from ok to a real disaster...... i mean bane come on....talia look like a aunt of someone not a femme fatale with years of training......then i skip a lot of bad doing including the weird Robin to be.and go to the finale,spoiler alert.batman dies and bruce wayne lives,wait what?bruce wayne can die but batman will always live in annother person taking the cowl thats the point of batman itself!!!and they missed it !:facepalm:

wot

16 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Dc movies are weird sometimes,joker movie is for me not a dc movie,the joker is in his 40s,aint maliciously smart,have no skills ,and when bruce wayne begins to be batman aprox 25 years old,the joker will be too old ,nothing fits for dc universe,a good movie,but it should have been called someting else have nothing to do with dc,and the movie would have been more enjoyable.for me batman beyond would be their best chance to make a statement.to prove that they are ready for the same level as marvel.a warlord movie would be a godsend too(worship)

He is supposed to be 32 in the movie. So a 25 year old Batman would be up against a Joker in his mid 40s (Jared Leto is 49 BTW, several years older than Juaquin Phoenix!). Based on the Joker in the 60s TV show that isn't such a stretch. We don't know if being outright institutionalized triggers something in him, hidden intelligence, whatever. We'll see if they make a sequel based on that world. It seems the new Batman is not going to be playing with Joker just yet. heck, people want dafoe (65!) to play joker vs. a 30 year old batman!

I have not watched anything but bits of the trilogy. I tried with #1 a week ago and fell asleep right around the scarecrow part. I'll try it again. Not saying bad, but it was after midnight and it wasn't riveting enough to keep me up.

Edited by the blob

1 minute ago, the blob said:

I have not watched anything but bits of the trilogy. I tried with #1 a week ago and fell asleep right around the scarecrow part. I'll try it again. Not saying bad, but it was after midnight and it wasn't riveting enough to keep me up.

It's not packed with much action. I enjoy it tremendously for the development of Wayne's and Batman's characters. The depiction of Gotham and all of the supporting cast are awesome as well, IMO.

It's definitely not a 'keep me awake' kinda movie.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

It's not packed with much action. I enjoy it tremendously for the development of Wayne's and Batman's characters. The depiction of Gotham and all of the supporting cast are awesome as well, IMO.

It's definitely not a 'keep me awake' kinda movie.

For me the first was the best .more like the comics in many points.that one was good

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

He is supposed to be 32 in the movie. So a 25 year old Batman would be up against a Joker in his mid 40s (Jared Leto is 49 BTW, several years older than Juaquin Phoenix!). Based on the Joker in the 60s TV show that isn't such a stretch. We don't know if being outright institutionalized triggers something in him, hidden intelligence, whatever. We'll see if they make a sequel based on that world. It seems the new Batman is not going to be playing with Joker just yet. heck, people want dafoe (65!) to play joker vs. a 30 year old batman!

Joaquin phoenix is now 46,so when the movie was made he was still in his 40s and it shows.

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

Joaquin phoenix is now 46,so when the movie was made he was still in his 40s and it shows.

I was surprised he is only 46, I also thought he was older, and shocked that Leto is 3 years older than him. Yes, he did look old for the part of a guy who is supposed to be battling Batman in 20 years, but he's had a rough life in the movie and he lost a lot of weight for it, which made him look older. I know folks who look like that in their early 30s, but usually due to drugs.

14 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I do believe DC will have it's day.  The characters are still iconic household names and many of the stories were great. 

They just gotta figure it out. 

Superman, Flash and Wonder Women simply haven't aged well. They feel very old fashion and unrelatable. Heck, that was even true when I was a kid (90s). The only DC books we bought growing up was Miller's Batman. 

But I have faith that things change. Someone will figure out how to properly use these characters on the big screen. 

Maybe this isn't relevant because Marvel has dominated the big screen for multiple decades now, but in the 80s and 90s the Superman movies (Reeves) and Batman movies (Keaton) were big big deals and Marvel was nowhere to be seen. So I do think things will shift, it's just seems to be taking decades for DC to get its act together (other than Batman). 

As for book values, GA DC will continue to do fine. SA will always lack it's Marvel counterparts. And I love BA DC. 

I am a 22 year old and I have a better connection to superman then I do to batman. Batman is to realistic and not something I can get lost in while superman and the other DC heros are just simply from another world (Not a pun) but like how its impossible to become one of them which makes it interesting to me. If I wanna escape life I grab a superman book. you know? sometimes batman is just to real. 

34 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

Apart from Batman, DC is and will always be DOA. And I say this as a Superman collector. 

I mean the same could be said about the X-men or FF. Heck even wolverine. I think you are giving marvel to much credit. I do have key issues from both but I think that everyone can safely say that the top three everyone knows are Superman, Batman and spiderman. DC holds the top superheros in family homes. My niece even knows superman before spiderman and batman because of the new kids show. 

2 minutes ago, BlackTerror98 said:

I am a 22 year old and I have a better connection to superman then I do to batman. Batman is to realistic and not something I can get lost in while superman and the other DC heros are just simply from another world (Not a pun) but like how its impossible to become one of them which makes it interesting to me. If I wanna escape life I grab a superman book. you know? sometimes batman is just to real. 

I've always found Superman more interesting than Bats from an overall character standpoint, for the reasons you put out there.