• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Order # not found

25 posts in this topic

I sent an order in recently that was confirmed delivered 10 days ago.  I went to check the status on CGC and nothing is showing.  I went back to my emails and found the order number.  When I went to reprint the packing slip it says the order number is not found.  My heart dropped.  This is a 25 book submission.  Has anyone had anything like this happen before?  Any info and advice is appreciated, thanks

15 minutes ago, ayersgomd said:

I knew they were backed up but I thought the order would get logged in.  but yeah thanks I'll search those threads.  I appreciate it

Last I heard, they're backlogged a month.  So if your order appears as delivered via shipping tracking as of 4/9, then it's save to say it won't appear in CGC's submissions until like early May.  It's a rough situation all around for anyone who's submitted books or cards the last few months.

I read also that you can't often retrieve your packing slip. But when you first made the order CGC would have sent you a receipt of it. If you archived that or still have it there should be a link on it to print your packing slip again if you need a record of your submission. I tried it again just now to make sure it works and it did hope that helps!

21 hours ago, ayersgomd said:

I sent an order in recently that was confirmed delivered 10 days ago.  I went to check the status on CGC and nothing is showing.  I went back to my emails and found the order number.  When I went to reprint the packing slip it says the order number is not found.  My heart dropped.  This is a 25 book submission.  Has anyone had anything like this happen before?  Any info and advice is appreciated, thanks

They're getting in tons of submissions.  Opening the parcels and logging them in takes time.  Grading them takes time.  This is a slow, slow process and you have to be patient.  Just relax and don't stress.

21 hours ago, ayersgomd said:

you have to wait a month for the books to show up now. Till then your delivery confirmation is the best you have as proof that it's in CGC's hands (which is what it's for right?)

Thanks for the responses, I don't care about waiting.  This isn't my first submission and I know they're backlogged.  I would just like to know my books are "checked in".  The fact that I went to pull up the order and it doesn't show up is what freaked me out.  Again, 25 book submission, not cheap books by any means.

22 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I've asked before if they could just sticky and update a post at the top of the newbie sub that provides this information weekly.  I'd like to think it would reduce the number of times this question gets posted.

That is making an awfully big assumption. Even though CGC's phone number can be found with one click on their home page, people continue come here to ask questions that have been asked and answered multiple times. If users can't be bothered to look up CGC's phone number, what makes you think they would look at a sticky post at the top of this thread.

Here's how I handle this. I take the current turnaround time for a specific tier and multiply it by a factor of 1.5. Since I began using this methodology, I am rarely disappointed regarding when my books come back from CGC.

1 hour ago, ayersgomd said:

Is this not a Newbie thread?  Sorry why are you trolling Newbie threads if you don't want to hear a Newbie question?  Is this not a way for everyone to learn??  

This is generally how the newbie section of the board works.  Newbie question is asked.  Newbie question is answered.  Topic gets sidetracked to jokes, memes, or something that is ultimately irrelevant to what was originally posted.

Also, I don't think anyone's trolling you per se.  You just have to realize that there has been a tremendous uptick in this question being asked which is why I mentioned that I wished CGC would post something more visible in order to cut down on the number of questions.  (For the record, the second most asked question is probably "I have a COA, can I submit a signature for Signature Series?").  In the end all I'm trying to do (at least) is encourage people to poke around, do a Google search, etc.  And I don't mean that as it relates to the boards, but just as a life thing in general.  Since the advent of the internet, it seems that society has devolved to getting the answer quickly and has increasingly lost the ability to find the answers themselves.  ("Give a man fish, feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.")

That all said, welcome to the boards.  There's some real characters here.  After a while, you'll be able to parse through those who are helpful, those who like to kid around, and on the rare occasion, those who are genuinely here to troll and stir up stuff.

Edited by ExNihilo

Yes, all the info is much appreciated.  I've been submitting to CGC for years but I've never used the boards.  This was literally my first post so I didn't know how to navigate these pages.  All in all the question and the responses answered my initial question so I'm not complaining.  I'll try to navigate things some more before posting repetitive questions.  I agree with you about CGC doing something about orders received.  I'll know now in the future if it says delivered that it's in their queue but to me that's a flaw in the system.  Someone else mentioned that is what tracking is there for but technically that's only USPS acknowledging delivery, not CGC acknowledging acceptance.

24 minutes ago, ayersgomd said:

Yes, all the info is much appreciated.  I've been submitting to CGC for years but I've never used the boards.  This was literally my first post so I didn't know how to navigate these pages.  All in all the question and the responses answered my initial question so I'm not complaining.  I'll try to navigate things some more before posting repetitive questions.  I agree with you about CGC doing something about orders received.  I'll know now in the future if it says delivered that it's in their queue but to me that's a flaw in the system.  Someone else mentioned that is what tracking is there for but technically that's only USPS acknowledging delivery, not CGC acknowledging acceptance.

I think this is a very reasonable newb question and honestly i wish CGC would put some type of disclaimer that they force you to read while filling out the forms online.

"Please note that there may be a period of days or weeks from when the books are physically delivered to CGC and the time your submissions are logged into the system.  This variance is proportional to volume of submissions, and our extra safety procedures during the pandemic to designed to protect our employees.  If it has been more than a month since your submission was physically received by CGC but the books have not yet shown up in the system, please call this number #####."

I think you hit the nail on the head my friend

8 minutes ago, revat said:

I think this is a very reasonable newb question and honestly i wish CGC would put some type of disclaimer that they force you to read while filling out the forms online.

"Please note that there may be a period of days or weeks from when the books are physically delivered to CGC and the time your submissions are logged into the system.  This variance is proportional to volume of submissions, and our extra safety procedures during the pandemic to designed to protect our employees.  If it has been more than a month since your submission was physically received by CGC but the books have not yet shown up in the system, please call this number #####."

I think you hit the nail on the head my friend.