• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Bronze CGC 9.2-9.6 Prices Tanking?

168 posts in this topic

That one is a "list it high and wait for a sucker" play just like all of the seller's other auctions appear to be. There are plenty of sellers like that on eBay.

-------

the seller has 829 feedbacks in the last month, so it seems like they aren't doing that terribly on that strategy (although looking at the feedbacks the prices are more realistic on what they are actually selling)

That one is a "list it high and wait for a sucker" play just like all of the seller's other auctions appear to be. There are plenty of sellers like that on eBay.

-------

the seller has 829 feedbacks in the last month, so it seems like they aren't doing that terribly on that strategy (although looking at the feedbacks the prices are more realistic on what they are actually selling)

I have no problem with people listing high and then either selling for the ask or a discounted price. You see it all the time at cons as well. (thumbs u

-------

I can't help but wonder about those high listings. I mean...someone must go for those or you wouldn't see so many. At least that's my speculation. But I've watched some books for well over a year, and nary a nibble. I know that some sellers will list books they don't expect to sell (unless they do get someone willing to pay that price) just to draw in people to look at other books. And at least one seller basically uses ebay as a viewing venue but transacts more outside of ebay.

Now and then you do find some fair BINs, and I've bought a couple of those recently. But yeah, most are crazy high prices.

I just sold my Bat 232 9.4 SS and struggled to get FMV for that. Why anyone would pay goofy prices for what I would deem side street books is beyond me. I guess if I want Adams covers/non Adams interiors I must buy good grade raw. Encapsulated and graded seems to push the prices up way too high.

I just sold my Bat 232 9.4 SS and struggled to get FMV for that. Why anyone would pay goofy prices for what I would deem side street books is beyond me. I guess if I want Adams covers/non Adams interiors I must buy good grade raw. Encapsulated and graded seems to push the prices up way too high.

Wait, you just sold it recently as in December? If you sell in December its hard to get the right cash. I only buy in December. Best time to sell a book like that would be around the time the new Batman movie comes out this year. I learned to never sell a high price book around November/December.

There are some exceptions...if its a private sale and the book is rare its okay. But any BA key is common so its discount season in December.

Your Bats 232 was likely competing with several other similar copies, if not directly through the same selling avenue, other existing alternatives that are just as easy to access. The Bats 241 likely had no similar comps at the time it was listed.

Your Bats 232 was likely competing with several other similar copies, if not directly through the same selling avenue, other existing alternatives that are just as easy to access. The Bats 241 likely had no similar comps at the time it was listed.

I sold it last week. Might have been someone who got some X-mas cash. It was signed by Giordano and Adams and so it wasn't competing in the classic sense. There are no other signed 9.4's anywhere I could see. Plenty of blue label 9.4's with WP's, though. I struggled, but only budged off my asking price by $50. ($1200 > $1150) I think that I priced it fairly. I was getting lowballed at 1st, but the presumably guy really must have wanted it. And I don't blame him. Hell, I couldn't lose. If I didn't get my fair asking price, I still had my book.

I guess if I want the Adams stuff and have to pay big bucks for CGC copies, it has to be Adams interior as well. Otherwise, I'm just paying big money for a cover with Irv Novick interiors. Seems to make sense at this juncture to stick to raw copies that are higher grades.