• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update from the last topic: WalkThrough order delivered on 4/7 still not received after 14 days
1 1

40 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'm sure they've missed packages that were clearly marked. Mistakes are always made everywhere. Whether or not his was clearly marked is questionable but as a generalization I'm sure they've missed some at one point or another. To disregard that the delay in receiving is a huge factor in the walkthrough process is somewhat asinine.

How so? It directly relates to what you said in regards to doing your best. It's an example that of when selling a product or service you still have some level of accountability to the customer. 

I'm applying what you said to a similar scenario. Following that line of thinking my excuse should have been as follows, "I was listing hundreds of cards and missed pulling one out of the stack so you're just going to have to live with it. I did my best." As long as you do your best to hell with the result, no? Surely they don't want what they pay for, they just want a best effort! 👍

"It is their job to do their best in adhering to their practices. As a rule, they do. As with all rules, there are exceptions."

It's still not close to Standard. (shrug)

It doesn't directly relate. Trying to assign fault when we don't have any facts - just hearsay - is irrelevant.

19 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

It doesn't directly relate. Trying to assign fault when we don't have any facts - just hearsay - is irrelevant.

I'm not saying it's their fault, I'm just working off of what you said.

"It is their job to do their best in adhering to their practices. As a rule, they do. As with all rules, there are exceptions."

If it was an exception, that would imply that they were at fault and that the box was correctly marked and missed. Otherwise the EX/WK rule wouldn't apply if it was improperly marked.

While it might not be close to standard it would still take longer than a properly logged express that would have been roughly half the price.

If upon reaching his package they realized they missed it, should there be compensation for the delay?

35 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'm not saying it's their fault, I'm just working off of what you said.

"It is their job to do their best in adhering to their practices. As a rule, they do. As with all rules, there are exceptions."

If it was an exception, that would imply that they were at fault and that the box was correctly marked and missed. Otherwise the EX/WK rule wouldn't apply if it was improperly marked.

While it might not be close to standard it would still take longer than a properly logged express that would have been roughly half the price.

If upon reaching his package they realized they missed it, should there be compensation for the delay?

That isn't going off of what I said. We don't have anything other than an anecdote, so it's premature to lay fault.

CGC needs to raise bulk to a more competitive $15/card price and use that extra $6/card (for bulk, which people are abusing right now) and hire an additional package opener or two among other necessities to improve the grading operation. I literally cannot stress enough how badly this needs to be done. 

Clearly people aren’t getting sub-grades nearly as much as CGC anticipated, so just raise the base price and secure that top line revenue to funnel it back into the business guys. This is business 101!

4 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Just because something doesn't go to plan doesn't mean that you're being mistreated. 2c

No one is definitively laying fault to one or the other. There are only two possible ways this went down. Either he didn't label the box correctly and it didn't get sorted or they missed it. If he didn't label properly then he is responsible for the delay. If they missed it, they are responsible. From your response it seems that you don't think it would be an issue if they were responsible even though the faster "received" time is a large part of the service. Effectively paying double for a service that will then take longer than the tier below it.

If the fault is theirs your comments seem to imply that it's unfortunate for the customer but there shouldn't be any culpability for the company.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

So ur basically saying he should jus be happy about wasting extra money for standard tat

6 hours ago, PokemanDude90 said:

CGC needs to raise bulk to a more competitive $15/card price and use that extra $6/card (for bulk, which people are abusing right now) and hire an additional package opener or two among other necessities to improve the grading operation. I literally cannot stress enough how badly this needs to be done. 

Clearly people aren’t getting sub-grades nearly as much as CGC anticipated, so just raise the base price and secure that top line revenue to funnel it back into the business guys. This is business 101!

I should buy a lottery ticket lol.

Bulk now $15/card effective 04/28

22 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

I should buy a lottery ticket lol.

Bulk now $15/card effective 04/28

I think it should be higher since they raised the cap to $250 from $100. With Elite membership that's still only $12.75 a card. You wouldn't believe one of the graded cards I sold for $30. It was really just a space filler to get a 50 card sub and I was going to give it to my son. I ended up posting just to see if someone would buy it. If that bullsh*t sold for $30 they need to go higher on the price.

No way I should make money off something like that.

3 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I think it should be higher since they raised the cap to $250 from $100. With Elite membership that's still only $12.75 a card. You wouldn't believe one of the graded cards I sold for $30. It was really just a space filler to get a 50 card sub and I was going to give it to my son. I ended up posting just to see if someone would buy it. If that bullsh*t sold for $30 they need to go higher on the price.

No way I should make money off something like that.

That’s the point of grading. Both the company and us are suppose to make profit. U are pro company only which makes no sense. They already make a killing jus grading cards. 

7 hours ago, Sp33dy said:

That’s the point of grading. Both the company and us are suppose to make profit. U are pro company only which makes no sense. They already make a killing jus grading cards. 

Pro company only? I just want turn around times to be reasonable so I can get my stuff graded in a decent time. I sell a stupid amount of pokemon related stuff? People are sending in JUNK I did like 3 cards for my kid, but some people are sending in hundreds/thousands of trash cards. Stuff like this shouldn't even be graded. You definitely shouldn't be able to make money off of trash like this card. Vintage/high end cards, Zards, you can flip paying $20 a card because they're valuable cards. You shouldn't be able to buy a card like this Zapdos for $3 grade for $9 and sell for $30. It's a trash card. 

18 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

No one is definitively laying fault to one or the other. There are only two possible ways this went down. Either he didn't label the box correctly and it didn't get sorted or they missed it. If he didn't label properly then he is responsible for the delay. If they missed it, they are responsible. From your response it seems that you don't think it would be an issue if they were responsible even though the faster "received" time is a large part of the service. Effectively paying double for a service that will then take longer than the tier below it.

If the fault is theirs your comments seem to imply that it's unfortunate for the customer but there shouldn't be any culpability for the company.

Mistakes happen, so no, it's not really an "issue". If it happened often, it would be an issue. Again, we don't know what happened, so the conjecture is meaningless.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:31 AM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Intentionally no, but without any of us seeing the package we don't know how clearly the box was marked or who fault lies with.

I resell cards so maybe it makes me more sympathetic to their plight. It's become a rather difficult juggling act as it is without unnecessary delays popping up. If I sent in an order of let's say 10 cards in the $400 range. I might be able to guess conservatively 5 days to get logged received, 10 days to be completed. 15 business days total. Id even be allowing extra in excess to current times. I have a timeframe of when I'm expecting those to come back and be sold. If you throw in an extra 30 business days to get marked as received thats $4k + grading fees now tied up for an additional 20-30 business days. It makes it almost impossible to accurately judge what to do. You have to keep money coming in, but you're simultaneously at the mercy of another business. A lot of the reason I think people get heated is there is already enormous pressure on those of us reselling to be able to keep the wheels spinning and money coming in. With PSA down even a lot of the big consignment businesses are sweating.

But if you REALLY think it through, every business, (or consumer), is dependent on another business, unless you grow your own food, for example. Delays happen, for any number of reasons. For instance, 4 million submissions to a business designed, and operating at, a capacity of 2 million. I do understand all of the above, having owned my own business for 50+ years, but sometimes all it takes is one container to fall off a ship (happened to me), to ruin a million dollar deal! Patience is all I can say!

19 minutes ago, Spawnfreak said:

But if you REALLY think it through, every business, (or consumer), is dependent on another business, unless you grow your own food, for example. Delays happen, for any number of reasons. For instance, 4 million submissions to a business designed, and operating at, a capacity of 2 million. I do understand all of the above, having owned my own business for 50+ years, but sometimes all it takes is one container to fall off a ship (happened to me), to ruin a million dollar deal! Patience is all I can say!

Yes, but there is also a big difference between accidents and incompetence.

I would imagine there is a warehouse manager. I'd find it hard to believe that person hasn't been like, "Yo, we're getting balls deep in packages someone do something" to someone and been completely ignored.

Just now, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Yes, but there is also a big difference between accidents and incompetence.

This is true; 1 accident, happens; 2 accidents, Gone! Should be how it happens, but more often than not, it doesn't. Reason being, time to hire and train. But sometimes the company (CGC) HAS TO bite the bullet. But when that

happens, for instance, TAT goes up! Where to draw the line. Hard to know, sometimes. Some times boycott works. And before I get jumped on, I understand that a boycott costs everyone money, the company being boycotted, and the ones doing the boycotting. What to do? Up to the individual submitter. I know, I know, time is money. First to market gets the sale for the big money. I'm in the same boat with PSA. Losing money every day, and I can't do a God$%^&*( thing about it, except pound on this keyboard!

4 minutes ago, Spawnfreak said:

This is true; 1 accident, happens; 2 accidents, Gone! Should be how it happens, but more often than not, it doesn't. Reason being, time to hire and train. But sometimes the company (CGC) HAS TO bite the bullet. But when that

happens, for instance, TAT goes up! Where to draw the line. Hard to know, sometimes. Some times boycott works. And before I get jumped on, I understand that a boycott costs everyone money, the company being boycotted, and the ones doing the boycotting. What to do? Up to the individual submitter. I know, I know, time is money. First to market gets the sale for the big money. I'm in the same boat with PSA. Losing money every day, and I can't do a God$%^&*( thing about it, except pound on this keyboard!

Off topic but... Somewhat related to the incompetence part but not related to CGC in any way. Just something I experienced and found humorous.

I laughed when I saw they hired "efficiency consultants" in the article. I worked for a place years ago when companies had their own transportation department. I think it's all third party now, but back then it was negotiating carrier rates, scheduling shipments/deliveries, warehouse, everything was grouped under one umbrella. On the whole, we were sending trucks out that weren't near maxed. We pitched the idea that maybe we should consolidate the shipments instead of doing something like Amazon does in present day where they send someone out daily to meet the delivery times. Like restructure deliveries, consolidate, save money on carrier not picking up so often. Higher ups like nah, nah, nah. They hired people similar to "efficiency consultants". They pretty much come in with a suit and a chart, and pitch the same ideas the employees have been throwing to managers, and the managers have been repeating to their bosses.

They had an epiphany that day! What a glorious idea to not send trucks out not filled as frequently! What a wonderful idea! Always makes me wonder how the people working at places like this feel when it gets rough. I dipped out long ago for construction, couldn't deal with the politics of companies. 

17 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Off topic but... Somewhat related to the incompetence part but not related to CGC in any way. Just something I experienced and found humorous.

I laughed when I saw they hired "efficiency consultants" in the article. I worked for a place years ago when companies had their own transportation department. I think it's all third party now, but back then it was negotiating carrier rates, scheduling shipments/deliveries, warehouse, everything was grouped under one umbrella. On the whole, we were sending trucks out that weren't near maxed. We pitched the idea that maybe we should consolidate the shipments instead of doing something like Amazon does in present day where they send someone out daily to meet the delivery times. Like restructure deliveries, consolidate, save money on carrier not picking up so often. Higher ups like nah, nah, nah. They hired people similar to "efficiency consultants". They pretty much come in with a suit and a chart, and pitch the same ideas the employees have been throwing to managers, and the managers have been repeating to their bosses.

They had an epiphany that day! What a glorious idea to not send trucks out not filled as frequently! What a wonderful idea! Always makes me wonder how the people working at places like this feel when it gets rough. I dipped out long ago for construction, couldn't deal with the politics of companies. 

Yeah! Where is the person today that says "Why didn't I think of that?"

So has a definitive answer to the walkthrough time from delivered to received been given by customer service? I have a walkthrough package that was delivered this past Monday and hasn’t been received. I don’t want to bombard customer service with inquiries that have already been determined.