• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is waaaaaay over current fmv
5 5

48 posts in this topic

As we all know, many books have been breaking sales records at a lightning fast pace but this one really shocked me. Its an exceptional copy but wow... Last gpa was December 2020 at 321.00

Several copies out there are off sided and most have spine ticks so to find a really nice copy on this one is a bit challenging but this blew me away. Great copy and one of the best Iron man covers with ease but again...wow. :whatthe:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26returning%3D1%26Focused%3D1%26f1%3Darp%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di.title%2Ci.IssueNumber%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Darp%26ODire3%3DDESC%23Item_1471170&id=1471170&itemType=0

Edited by Timeless icons

36 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

As we all know, many books have been breaking sales records at a lightning fast pace but this one really shocked me. Its an exceptional copy but wow... Last gpa was December 2020 at 321.00

Several copies out there are off sided and most have spine ticks so to find a really nice copy on this one is a bit challenging but this blew me away. Great copy and one of the best Iron man covers with ease but again...wow. :whatthe:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26returning%3D1%26Focused%3D1%26f1%3Darp%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di.title%2Ci.IssueNumber%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Darp%26ODire3%3DDESC%23Item_1471170&id=1471170&itemType=0

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

1000 POSTS = R42ae90314e47b3340e671e51e5beb065?rik=IJ

image.png

It is a nice copy of iron man though, still I've been tempted to buy high grade bronze or copper because som are still cheap enough.

Sometimes it's difficult to commit to that line of collecting though...

6 minutes ago, djzombi said:

Absolutely insane.  I can understand that higher grade is scarcer due to the black cover, but nearly $3k..!

This is definitely a seller's market!

Many more 9.8's where that came from and 61 currently on the census, people don't seem to have the patience lately to wait.. At these prices many will show up in the next year. Also many of the unclean/unpressed 9.6's  have a chance to make the higher grade. Remains to be seen if this will be a wise purchase.. I think its too high.

it's not even a newsstand! there are people out there with long boxes of this stuff - the census numbers are low because it wasn't worth wasting the money to slab them. No new character introduced, no nothing. ComicLink also sold an ASM300, 9.4 Newsstand for over $2,200 a few weeks back though ComicConnect could "only" manage to get $1,350 last week for another 9.4/Newsstand/White Pages - so they are tending to have some very off-market transactions & might be doing a good job bringing in less informed money

Some of these bronze, copper census #s will get tested in the coming years. We'll see if they're legit. I'm skeptical of most of these supposedly low numbers. We've seen roughly 8 - 10 IH180s in 9.8 show up since 2017 2018 before this hyper activity started. I suspect most silver stuff is safe. 

it really is a beautiful book though. I've got a nice raw copy but I'd like to have a 9.8 that deserves the grade, as this one does. Such a great cover. :luhv: Hey, congrats to both the seller and whoever the winner ends up being. Clearly, a few people want that one bad. Not criticizing anyone of course...I've been there myself a few times when spending well over FMV for a book that I really couldn't live without.:insane:lol

12 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

I've been there myself a few times when spending well over FMV for a book that I really couldn't live without.:insane:lol

I have done that also. If it's a book that I really want, I'm willing to pay FMV + $500. This assumes the book has significant value.

Here's a CGC 9.6 that sold for $250 in mid-March. There is absolutely NO way that a CGC 9.8 of this book is worth ten times a CGC 9.6.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333900516387?hash=item4dbe058c23%3Ag%3Ac~gAAOSwkmVgNtET&nma=true&si=CE6blMMEgYjw9HKzm26i0%2Fl1F4Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557