• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman Original Art

35 posts in this topic

I know - its such a dense series. Something happens on every page - there are no useless splash pages, etc. made just to get the story up to 22 pages. And too, if they didn't have enough story, they would just stop (i.e. - the several issues with just 16 pages of story).

Hey guys,

I was playing around with www.internetarchive.org, and I saw some pages from Miracleman: Triumphant #! (Deodato) that were up for sale around November of last year. Do any of you know anything else about this?

I know the first issue of Miracleman Triumphant was completely penciled by Mike Deodato and he was reportedly never paid. Cat Yronwode, I think, has said that MD was paid for his work. I know that she had several of the pages to Triumphant a few years back. I had the only three that were sold to the public, before someone on www.comicartfans.com got a few pages. I think that guy sold his pages a while back. I think the guy even had the cover, although it didn't have MM on it.

And, if I remember correctly, Neil Gaiman didn't do much consulting on MM Triumphant.

Hey guys,

I was playing around with www.internetarchive.org, and I saw some pages from Miracleman: Triumphant #! (Deodato) that were up for sale around November of last year. Do any of you know anything else about this?

I know the first issue of Miracleman Triumphant was completely penciled by Mike Deodato and he was reportedly never paid. Cat Yronwode, I think, has said that MD was paid for his work. I know that she had several of the pages to Triumphant a few years back. I had the only three that were sold to the public, before someone on www.comicartfans.com got a few pages. I think that guy sold his pages a while back. I think the guy even had the cover, although it didn't have MM on it.

And, if I remember correctly, Neil Gaiman didn't do much consulting on MM Triumphant.

Thanks for the help! I believe I came across an old listing for page 1 of Miracleman: Triumphant #1. It was quite nice...I wish I would have seen it when it came up last Novermber.

Man, if only you'd have been wanting Miracleman art last year... I had three pages from Miracleman: Triumphant by Mike Deodato, a page by John Totleben from issue 16 (with all eight drawings Totleben used to create the page, which was done with stats and original art). About four years ago, I owned the Jim Starlin cover art to Miracleman 4. I sold and traded everything away pretty cheaply. I also traded away the preliminary cover to issue 12 by Totleben.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Man, I've got a sick feeling in my stomach now. That sounds like some nice stuff - maybe I'll come across it at some point. You don't happen to strill have an image of the prelim to the cover of issue 12, do you? Thanks! - Keith

I found this scan of the Miracleman 12 preliminary. The art, however, is long gone. I wonder where this ended up? I'd love to have it back. 980524-MIracleman12prelim.jpg

980524-MIracleman12prelim.jpg.2a62e2a4c0aafd5b5375f748a02ba1a8.jpg

Man, if only you'd have been wanting Miracleman art last year... I had three pages from Miracleman: Triumphant by Mike Deodato, a page by John Totleben from issue 16 (with all eight drawings Totleben used to create the page, which was done with stats and original art). About four years ago, I owned the Jim Starlin cover art to Miracleman 4. I sold and traded everything away pretty cheaply. I also traded away the preliminary cover to issue 12 by Totleben.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Man, I've got a sick feeling in my stomach now. That sounds like some nice stuff - maybe I'll come across it at some point. You don't happen to strill have an image of the prelim to the cover of issue 12, do you? Thanks! - Keith

I found this scan of the Miracleman 12 preliminary. The art, however, is long gone. I wonder where this ended up? I'd love to have it back. 980524-MIracleman12prelim.jpg

Wow Matewan - that's pretty nice.