• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,427 posts in this topic

I mean, I had a frumpy face on while watching Clink listings and seeing that a book I paid $1250 for last year, which I got UNDER GPA, went for $850 last night in the same grade and page quality. 

Seem to be a few frumpy faces lately depending on the book. 

I am looking for smaller gaps vs 90 day average as a good marker (again - for books that have some volume of sales)   Books that are still experiencing double digit declines vs 90 would seem to not be settled yet.    

ASM 300 in 9.8 is an example of one that seems to be settling into a more stable place for the moment.   Seems like $3k is a floor that is holding 

On 12/2/2023 at 1:35 PM, DC# said:

I am looking for smaller gaps vs 90 day average as a good marker (again - for books that have some volume of sales)   Books that are still experiencing double digit declines vs 90 would seem to not be settled yet.    

ASM 300 in 9.8 is an example of one that seems to be settling into a more stable place for the moment.   Seems like $3k is a floor that is holding 

Gsxm continues to plunge.in vf!

8.5 for under $3000?  :roflmao:

Good time to buy it and uf 4 , the latter in 9.8...

On 12/2/2023 at 1:43 PM, DC# said:

Here are some Session 1 results for everyone to digest at their leisure.......

I am sure there are lots of different signals - by grade, by age, by rarity, by title - in these results.   But the the FF49 discussion just prior - the compare/contrast gets challenging for a lot of these books that just don't change hands that often.    

Screenshot2023-12-02at10_38_24AM.thumb.png.94c185f6445f833237c2c617b6d05563.png

Screenshot2023-12-02at10_38_49AM.thumb.png.b68874e402448ed9b856aad7e0536321.png

Screenshot2023-12-02at10_39_05AM.thumb.png.acfe94cf7081bbab35d06d317e770cb7.png

Screenshot2023-12-02at10_39_42AM.thumb.png.a9d58bc3b0d64dcd5db345262b222c6f.png

Screenshot2023-12-02at10_39_59AM.thumb.png.b2873420041b5c2624d4c66d80abeded.png

Screenshot2023-12-02at10_40_15AM.thumb.png.a262746b37d8551f91fa92a532c97e26.png

Screenshot2023-12-02at10_40_30AM.thumb.png.aecd53e67f79611eb89875fbe2e3b749.png

There are quite a few highest graded SA books that I followed that set GPA highs (some by a significant margin) that are not on your list which just goes to show how subjective this list is. :gossip:

On 12/2/2023 at 4:27 PM, VintageComics said:

There are quite a few highest graded SA books that I followed that set GPA highs (some by a significant margin) that are not on your list which just goes to show how subjective this list is. :gossip:

He never stated that the results he presents were all-inclusive of the auction results.

Just a subset of regularly transacted books.

-bc

Do tell?

On 12/2/2023 at 3:45 PM, ThothAmon said:
On 12/2/2023 at 3:27 PM, VintageComics said:

Do tell?

I'd settle for "they used to be on the list but now they're not!". (shrug)

I'm biased as most of these are out of my price range, ahem wheelhouse anyway. :ohnoez:

Shame you can't do a strike through on the phone 😂 sigh

On 12/2/2023 at 11:43 AM, DC# said:

Here are some Session 1 results for everyone to digest at their leisure.......

I am sure there are lots of different signals - by grade, by age, by rarity, by title - in these results.   But the the FF49 discussion just prior - the compare/contrast gets challenging for a lot of these books that just don't change hands that often.    

Screenshot2023-12-02at10_39_59AM.thumb.png.b2873420041b5c2624d4c66d80abeded.png

Hulk 1 looks like it's bottomed out. Hopefully not a plateau before another drop. 

On 12/2/2023 at 4:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd settle for "they used to be on the list but now they're not!". (shrug)

I'm biased as most of these are out of my price range, ahem wheelhouse anyway. :ohnoez:

Shame you can't do a strike through on the phone 😂 sigh

I had a hard time refinding this post to clarify..

If some are more well off than others I welcome it. (thumbsu

As the list looks to vary from time to time, which I assumed was due to what's for sale and not taken off by ommission?

In the end most are chasers that are dreams for me, but I guess that's beside the point and I am just trying to gauge the hobby, market, as current and past on the whole. I guess we all are. :) These charts do well enough even if the list grows to none with them all in the green 🙏

No worries 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/2/2023 at 4:37 PM, bc said:

He never stated that the results he presents were all-inclusive of the auction results.

Just a subset of regularly transacted books.

And I never stated it was all-inclusive either.

I said what I did because many people are under the perception that the list is representative of the market in general, but it's not so I'm curious to know how the list of books to follow was compiled. 

On 12/2/2023 at 5:02 PM, VintageComics said:

I said what I did because many people are under the perception that the list is representative of the market in general, but it's not so I'm curious to know how the list of books to follow was compiled. 

Well I've come to understand it may be more the biggest continual "losers" or steady declines, or even losses.

Given the extent of the list and the "work I assumed put into it?" If you're just saying to take it with a grain of salt?

The list is still pretty big for losses. I know you're not saying winners much more abound? But if we're talking losses, which I assumed we were, the list still sums up a section of the market .

I'd welcome all the information I can get, but I too haven't the time to create a list for comparison. I don't buy from auction houses either. :)

On 12/2/2023 at 3:27 PM, VintageComics said:

Even if you just left it at this? I knew what you meant, high grade Uber high and seldom offered going for higher still would be good to know. No it's not surprising and thankfully the market hasn't stumbled over itself that much, but it was worth stating and not just assumed. :cheers:

On 12/2/2023 at 6:02 PM, VintageComics said:

I don't understand? He reports factual analytical data on a regular basis that includes a pretty inclusive mix of collecting genres. He constantly updates his data.

This thread would welcome any analytical data that you'd like to share :peace:

-bc

On 12/2/2023 at 6:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

But if we're talking losses, which I assumed we were, the list still sums up a section of the market .

I'm asking WHICH cross section of the market. Who made up the list to follow?

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/2/2023 at 5:18 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm asking WHICH cross section of the market.

That's hard to clarify, other than losses plain and simple.

You mentioned Uber elite (I'm giving adjectives for emphasis) are still doing better than normal, but for me the point is moot unless you yourself clarify... As already stated the whole list of losses is beyond my pay grade (for now)....

If your stating first to market 9.8 of some bronze age characters that are still doing high numbers like first to market were in 2020/2021? You state Uber high grade books without stating what niche of the market yourself.

Losses are losses, unless we're talking about bigger losses. You didn't correct me on higher prices much more in abundance, so the whole thing is kind of a moot point. :cheers:

No worries 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/2/2023 at 6:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

but for me the point is moot unless you yourself clarify

I'm asking who chose the specific list that DC is following and updating prices about?

Was it just random? Did people give suggestions? How was that specific list compiled?

And I wasn't asking you specifically, I was asking anyone that might know. 

No worries. 

On 12/2/2023 at 5:22 PM, bc said:

Simple. He did.

As peeps chimed in, he added more.

Again, can't wait to see the analytical data that you present in the future (thumbsu

-bc

Losses market, which in itself was a long list.

It looked diminished to me, because the number I own of those 50 some odd books is like 2 or 3, which is enough believe me 😂

I'd stand to gain if the winners get mentioned, but in short, I probably don't own them either.

I will say that I like the diminishing grades being illustrated, as it trickles down. I don't believe @VintageComics is ungrateful, just Lord willing pointing out (from where he's sitting) there was well off winners that for him would be nice to discuss. When they'll be mentioned idk. But I'm out as the market is a little too lofty for even I sigh

On 12/2/2023 at 6:22 PM, bc said:

Again, can't wait to see the analytical data that you present in the future (thumbsu

I don't want to post my own books for privacy reasons, but based on my experiences, and I've been posting about them in this thread all year, there are still many books (even regular, non-key SA in high and highest grades) that still fetch strong numbers with many going over GPA.

Anyway, thanks for answering. I was just curious as to how that came to be the list. (thumbsu 

Edited by VintageComics