• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh CGC what are you doing!!

13 posts in this topic

Due to almost regular error messages, aggravating lags in drop down menus, having to close and reopen windows, refreshing pages, having to enter cards multiple times, screens freezing, entering my CC info several times (when you already have this info on file?), no ability to print a packing slip once the order was finally accepted or even print a confirmation, attempting to access my shipping information from the link in the email only to get a "no record found", now stressing out that the10-hours put to this effort is lost... all for 113 cards many of which were doubles...

... all this, and I'm not alone I'm sure... and nothing from you? 

A pop-up on the main page saying you are experiencing delays? A quick email to members saying the same... something personalized?

"Please know that your business is important to us. We are experiencing server issues due to the increased demand but please know that we are doing our best to address these concerns. If you are experiencing difficulties please continue your efforts to submit as we address this problem and feel free to call us with any questions or concerns. We are aware of your frustrations and have added additional customer service staff to hear you out and assist you as we can. We will also post updates on our chat board. Thank you for your patience and choosing CGC for your grading needs."

That took me minutes to write CGC.

Yes trolls, I know that the deadline has increased demand. My request is and has been to improve the communication. Be proactive and get ahead of the problems. This is what this post is about... only this. Yeesh :)

To end on a positive note, I called you and your CS dude was awesome. Gave me current info on the problems, what was being done to resolve, what I should do next, was reassuring and super friendly. Maybe he should be your PR person :)

super angry!!! took all day to enter cards because of nonstop errors.... so i figure well i guess 80 cards is enough. go to submit/payment info it errors and deletes my cart...... i spent 20ish hours just to get the 80 cards entered.... im not saying this will 100% push me to another grading company but defiantly has me wishing i didn't pay for a elite membership at this point...........

30 minutes ago, David Duminie said:

super angry!!! took all day to enter cards because of nonstop errors.... so i figure well i guess 80 cards is enough. go to submit/payment info it errors and deletes my cart...... i spent 20ish hours just to get the 80 cards entered.... im not saying this will 100% push me to another grading company but defiantly has me wishing i didn't pay for a elite membership at this point...........

Yeah, I've spent way too long getting 50 in of my 200 card order. The other 150 is going somewhere else.

There is not normally this many errors. I can only assume it's this painfully slow because of how many people are trying to throw in their last submissions before the price increase. Ive submitted many times and this was the only time where I had issues. Gotta work through it - we're lucky they even gave us the heads up about the prices being raised - we should be grateful they didn't just do what PSA did. 

Now the link in my email either takes me to a print page with a blank packing slip or the ever so fun "No Record Found". Losing faith that the confirmation email will be enough. Can a Mod elaborate on this please?

Again... CGC... communicate! I'm a collector and will keep nearly all the cards submitted but what about businesses that rely on you? The people that rely on those businesses??

Just. Provide. Ongoing. Updates. For. Everyone.

Yeesh :)

27 minutes ago, TMWComics said:

Now the link in my email either takes me to a print page with a blank packing slip or the ever so fun "No Record Found". Losing faith that the confirmation email will be enough. Can a Mod elaborate on this please?

Again... CGC... communicate! I'm a collector and will keep nearly all the cards submitted but what about businesses that rely on you? The people that rely on those businesses??

Give them a call if you want updates, they are extremely responsive and easy when you call in - they aren't as active on the forums. 

Last time I was having issues with my packing list I cleared my cookies/cache and it fixed it. Give that a try!

58 minutes ago, TMWComics said:

That's what I'm saying. I'll change my plans however I have to to keep money flowing by using them. Sure would be wonderful if they would everyone know something. Makes it very, very difficult to know how to adapt when they don't offer any info as to what's going on. Elevated blood pressure is about all I'm getting from them at this point.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

Not surprising once you think about it.  Tomorrow is the deadline before the new prices take affect, so people are trying to get their submissions in online as quick as possible in order to take advantage of the current/old fees.  It's typical human nature. (shrug)

I mean the same thing happened with PSA when people got wind of a price change, their site would constantly crash and was essentially unusable on the last two days leading up to the increase. Unfortunately this is the reality of the situation when everyone try's to submit cards at the exact same time. CGC gave every ample notice of the price change so I am not sure why you waited until the last day but nevertheless here we are.

10 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

I mean the same thing happened with PSA when people got wind of a price change, their site would constantly crash and was essentially unusable on the last two days leading up to the increase. Unfortunately this is the reality of the situation when everyone try's to submit cards at the exact same time. CGC gave every ample notice of the price change so I am not sure why you waited until the last day but nevertheless here we are.

The point I'm trying to make is that there is little effective communication with members as to the issues and efforts made to resolve them. As to the timing of when people submit, maybe there are outlying factors that interfered with folks being able to dedicate the time. Maybe life responsibilities. Maybe they found out late. I started days ago but could only do a few hours a day to this as these issues were not just today. Plus I decided to add additional cards to my submission and had no way to know that it could take 5-10 minutes a card as recent as Sunday.

Edited by TMWComics
Misspelled

15 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

To be fair the CGC submission forms have sucked the entire week, not just today. Hell it was having issues last week the couple of days before the announcement. 

I entered over 700 cards for 2 subs the weekend after PSA announced their shutdown.  Sent in half of the cards, will send the rest this week.  Glad I didn't have to deal with the computer problem.  I did have to do a sub for CSG the last couple days, there were a few slow down but for the most part it's pretty smooth.  Looks like CGC are dealing with much higher traffic.