• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Making Ewert (Ejaenter) Data available to forumites

108 posts in this topic

Bruce, just trying to remember in Jason's last auction wasn't there a pedigree ASM 39 sold for appx 4g's. What was the pedigree and was it a resub? Thanks.

I'm going to say that I don't believe many of those super high books (especailly the pedigrees) will have any trimming. I have to think those were Tom Brulato's.

Bruce, just trying to remember in Jason's last auction wasn't there a pedigree ASM 39 sold for appx 4g's. What was the pedigree and was it a resub? Thanks.

I'm going to say that I don't believe many of those super high books (especailly the pedigrees) will have any trimming. I have to think those were Tom Brulato's.

Why make this exception? You been buying these books....? poke2.gif

Anyone willing to give me the certification number of a book purchased from Ewert, I will add it to the Ewert registry and provide additional info. I've added my books to the list with associated information. Link to be provided shortly.

PM ME NOW!

I just remembered seeing it go for a record high price, and after seeing the other threads just wanted to inquire to see if it was a resubmit. Sorry that I asked.

I have kept a lot of records in spreadsheet form for the past several years and also traded data with others . I recorded almost all relevant HG BA and even HG SA CGC data.

Any forumite that would like me to collect what I may have concerning their past Ewert purchases, I'll be happy to help. Just PM me your ebay ID.

If you have a CGC serial of a book you have reason to suspect was from Ewert, I did save many of those as well and could check that against my data. Although this will probably yield far less results.

Anyone I don't know needs someone well-known here to vouch for them so I'm not conned into giving away someones data to the wrong person.

BronzeBruce,

This is such a GREAT contribution to the board. Keep it up.

Baby steps. He's started to acknowledge the problem, but it'll be a while before he becomes untrusting of all JE pedigree books .

Baby steps. He's started to acknowledge the problem, but it'll be a while before he becomes untrusting of all JE pedigree books .

In the books I've uncovered so far (205--see the serial number thread), only one pedigree book has surfaced: A Pacific Coast Amazing Spider-man 58 Graded 9.4 Off-White, SN# 0703057002.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why make this exception? You been buying these books....?

I'm pretty sure some of those books were in a OLD LABEL.

I'm fired up about disclosing as many books, JE has submitted over the past year (and ticked at CGC). But I also don't believe that every book he submitted (or sold) was trimmed.

CGC ain't that bad and he couldn't have been that good.

Once again, my guess is in a batch of twenty books he might have tried to sneak by one or two (and that was Hammer's motiff, directly from his month but of course talking about a friend).

I'm pretty sure some of those books were in a OLD LABEL.

I'm fired up about disclosing as many books, JE has submitted over the past year (and ticked at CGC). But I also don't believe that every book he submitted (or sold) was trimmed.

CGC ain't that bad and he couldn't have been that good.

Once again, my guess is in a batch of twenty books he might have tried to sneak by one or two (and that was Hammer's motiff, directly from his month but of course talking about a friend).

So what's everyone's impression about the old CGC label? Can we really trust that JE didn't start his trimming more than 2 years ago (when CGC switched to the new label)? Six months ago I was contemplating reholdering some of my SA and BA books that resided in slightly cracked slabs. However, since the books weren't impacted, I could care less about the slab being slighly damaged.

I have kept a lot of records in spreadsheet form for the past several years and also traded data with others . I recorded almost all relevant HG BA and even HG SA CGC data.

Any forumite that would like me to collect what I may have concerning their past Ewert purchases, I'll be happy to help. Just PM me your ebay ID.

If you have a CGC serial of a book you have reason to suspect was from Ewert, I did save many of those as well and could check that against my data. Although this will probably yield far less results.

Anyone I don't know needs someone well-known here to vouch for them so I'm not conned into giving away someones data to the wrong person.

Please send me what ever you have - you know my eBay ID.

Purchased from Ewert: Superboy 195 CGC 9.8, serial # 0080538013

Purchased from Ewert: Superboy 195 CGC 9.8, serial # 0080538013

Graded in 2004, so according to CGC, it's not at risk.

Your call if you believe that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My goal is to collect ANY and ALL books sold by Ewert. I'm an equal opportunity data collector.

It'd be funny to ask Ewert questions about his restored comics right on his auctions on eBay. Don't they show up at the bottom of the image?

Only if he chooses to let them show

I will send the custom lists requested here by tomorrow.

Update:

Late tonight or tomorrow (depending on how tired I am after watching a movie with my Wife) I will be posting the entire list of Jason's Ejaenter sales I have going back 9 months even though CGCs ongoing investigation thus far suggests only a 6 month period of concern. It does seem to tie in with Chris' departure. I will not be posting the names of the winners of the books at this point as I'm not sure if that's right to do. However, at the very least, I plan on asking for a number of trustworthy people to assist me in contacting the 960-something ebay buyers and direct them to several posts here that will inform them of the Ejaenter debacle and the CGC/Brulato solution.

To reiterate…

After this list is posted, anyone that owns any of these books is encouraged to send them back to CGC if they feel uncomfortable… or feel they owe it to a new prospective buyer to Re-Certify the book. I may make the list available (without names) in speadsheet format as well for circulation.

After we contact these buyers and forward this information to anyone that collects certified books we know, I feel its safe to say that we will have brought this information to the public (or those at risk) in a very complete and efficient manner. The remaining books that Tom owns currently, were sold privately, and those consigned through PedigreeComics.com and comicslink will be another matter I will look into helping Tom with. I have comiclink's purchases from Ejaenter recorded and I'm confident that Doug would cooperate in contacting his buyers of books in question as well.

Lets continue to direct our energies towards making a positive difference and "righting" any "wrongs" Jason has left us. I know its difficult right now to have as much faith in the hobby, CGC's resto detection, dealers in general, etc. but it comes down to dealing with who you trust, and armed with the forthcoming information, we will all be able to make informed choices going forward. I'm very encouraged by Borock and Brulato's response to my offer of help and the steps they are taking, and are willing to take to right the ship.

I will send the custom lists requested here by tomorrow.

Update:

Late tonight or tomorrow (depending on how tired I am after watching a movie with my Wife) I will be posting the entire list I have going back 9 months even though CGCs ongoing investigation thus far suggests only a 6 month period of concern. It does seem to tie in with Chris' departure. I will not be posting the names of the winners of the books at this point as I'm not sure if that's right to do. However, at the very least, I plan on asking for a number of trustworthy people to assist me in contacting the 960-something ebay buyers and direct them to several posts here that will inform them of the Ejaenter debacle and the CGC/Brulato solution.

To reiterate…

After this list is posted, anyone that owns any of these books is encouraged to send them back to CGC if they feel uncomfortable… or feel they owe it to a new prospective buyer to Re-Certify the book. I may make the list available (without names) in speadsheet format as well for circulation.

After we contact these buyers and forward this information to anyone that collects certified books we know, I feel its safe to say that we will have brought this information to the public (or those at risk) in a very complete and efficient manner. The remaining books that Tom owns currently, were sold privately, and those consigned through PedigreeComics.com and comicslink will be another matter I will look into helping Tom with. I have comiclink's purchases from Ejaenter recorded and I'm confident that Doug would cooperate in contacting his buyers of books in question as well.

Lets continue to direct our energies towards making a positive difference and "righting" any "wrongs" Jason has left us. I know its difficult right now to have as much faith in the hobby, CGC's resto detection, dealers in general, etc. but it comes down to dealing with who you trust, and armed with the forthcoming information, we will all be able to make informed choices going forward. I'm very encouraged by Borock and Brulato's response to my offer of help and the steps they are taking, and are willing to take to right the ship.

Be happy to help, let me know what I can do.

To reiterate…

Do you really think that a buyer that has purchased a book from him especially a very high dollar book would be willing to risk sending this book in for re cert?

By doing this they stand to loose a big amount of money.

I really don't think that is realistic.