• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weirdest Non-Comic Thing You Ever Flipped To Buy Comics
2 2

64 posts in this topic

On a serious note I did start donating plasma a few years back for some extra spending money that mostly went to comics. I stopped when it became more hassle than it was worth. 

1 minute ago, october said:

I once bought some nice pre-code horror from a guy who does house cleanouts. I checked his completed listings and his second-best sellers were the vintage 70's and 80's jockstraps he found in the same place. He was getting $25-50 apiece, and hundreds for lots of 10+. I started to think about A) why someone had so many old jockstraps in the first place and B) why anyone would want to touch them, let alone pay money for them. Despite figuring that train of thought was best left at the station, I asked him. His reply was "man, I don't know and I don't want to know".

Same thing I say about my sandals.  

I did have a guy that was upset that I would not fulfill a prepackaging request on my summer sandals and vowed to shop elsewhere next year.  What was freaky was that he purchased them next year under a new name and account.  I keep tabs on who is buying my sandals because while I do not want to know, I know full well what they are doing with them. 

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

From 2018 - There are others questions I have received saved in a folder somewhere that are... not suitable to post. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 2.30.51 PM.png

Do they ever ask details about who specifically wore them?

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Poop..

Yes.. weirdest thing I sold to pay for comics.  

It has been about 20 plus years since this has happend. I knew some mushroom farmers that used to live about 35 miles from my house. ( no not the illicit ones) They had a preferred dung they used to grow their spores. (Elephant) 20 miles the opposite direction from my house there is a small local zoo that I used to volunteer at during the summers. Wouldn't you know it. They would just let me take as much of the scat as I wanted , although many jokes were made. Each trip would net me between $100-$200 . Which I would do this once every couple weeks. Most of the time on the way back to the house I would stop at the LCS and pick up comics. So it was literally carp to cash to comics.  I did this for about 2 years. 

Another commercial alternative that you could’ve picked up at the same time would’ve been tiger dung, as it’s apparently an effective repellent which prevents domestic cats from fouling gardens. 

16 minutes ago, wombat said:

Do they ever ask details about who specifically wore them?

I need to tame the language for the boards. 

I have been asked if wear them barefoot in the rain and if they get soaked enough to squish. 

I have been asked if I would do things to the shoes to send them on their way.  (Imagine the worst here - I don't even respond and I block).

Someone once paid $75 + shipping using the eBay GSP to get a pair of torn trashed Addidas Sambas to Australia all because I took a picture of my bare feet wearing them.  You saw skin from the top of the shoe up so you could tell I had them on barefoot. 

I am seriously thinking of starting up an only fans showing just my bare feet in shoes so my friends and family can introduce me a sex worker.   

Ok

So what I have unexpectedly learned from this thread is I can wear and then sell used jock straps and sandals to deviants who want them for "personal use" and rake in the dough. 

Can we get a new section added under the selling forum for used jock straps? I think breaking it down by golden/silver age, bronze age, and modern age would still apply.