• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had to empty my SD BOX
2 2

13 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2021 at 2:28 AM, lou_fine said:

That's one of the big problems with having your books encased in those huge bulky slabs as they take up far too much storage space.  :p

Much better to simply have them in beautiful glossy mylar bags where your big safety deposit can probably hold over 100 of those GA books. :applause:

I definitely don't like the fact that the newer slabs are thicker. It seems like they went in the wrong direction.

What I like about slabs is that you don't need a backing board, so you can look at the back cover easily.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:14 PM, jmg3637 said:

After the branch being closed since pandemic began, they now decided to permanently close the branch.  Had a box as large as a short magazine box.  Had most of my top 100 books there.  Don't think I will be able to find a box that will hold even 25.

20210515_134802.jpg

You had them in a bank sd box? Down here in San Diego I can’t think of a single bank or credit union that closed during the pandemic in my area let alone close altogether. Sorry to hear that…

On 5/16/2021 at 3:14 PM, jmg3637 said:

After the branch being closed since pandemic began, they now decided to permanently close the branch.  Had a box as large as a short magazine box.  Had most of my top 100 books there.  Don't think I will be able to find a box that will hold even 25.

20210515_134802.jpg

Big AA #1 and NY Worlds Fair with the "blonde" superman are two of my all time FAVS of GA Big books. You have great taste and a great collection well worth paying the price to protect it. Congrad and thanks for the great Sunday morning pic.

Here is a small group of professionally restored #1 DC issues .  Somewhere I have a very amature restored GA Green Lantern #1 .  That one was not worthy of being in the SD box

20210620_080547.jpg