• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure what price to offer these PCH at
1 1

26 posts in this topic

I have three under copies to liquidate, but in todays market, I just don't know what a fair price would be to offer them at, either here, Instagram, or on eBay.  All three are raw, reader grade copies.  The Weird Fantasy has glue on the spine.  any advice appreciated.

Weird Fantasy 19 A.jpg

Weird Fantasy 19 BC.jpg

The Clutching Hand 1 (2).jpg

The Clutching Hand BC.jpg

Black Cat Mystery 34.jpg

Black Cat Mystery 34 c.jpg

Wow, nothin' but Crickets, LOL!   So a little more information.

WEIRD FANTASY 19.  I WOULD GRADE AS A G+ OR MAYBE VG-.  THE COVER HAS TAPE AND GLUE AT THE SPINE, WITH THE INTERIOR. 

THE CLUTCHING HAND.  THE COVER IS LOOSE, BUT NOTHING IS MISSING, SO I'M GUESSING G OR G+.

BLACK CAT MYSTERY.  IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE CHIP OUT OF THE TOP OF THE FC, THIS COPY WOULD APPEAR TO BE A VG+

Please to give me some pricing guidance.

2 hours ago, fifties said:

Wow, nothin' but Crickets, LOL!   So a little more information.

WEIRD FANTASY 19.  I WOULD GRADE AS A G+ OR MAYBE VG-.  THE COVER HAS TAPE AND GLUE AT THE SPINE, WITH THE INTERIOR. 

THE CLUTCHING HAND.  THE COVER IS LOOSE, BUT NOTHING IS MISSING, SO I'M GUESSING G OR G+.

BLACK CAT MYSTERY.  IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE CHIP OUT OF THE TOP OF THE FC, THIS COPY WOULD APPEAR TO BE A VG+

Please to give me some pricing guidance.

WF 19 appears 3.0/3.5 max with that tear imho can't really see the spine, so opinion may change

The Clutching Hand... I believe 2.0/2.5 is accurate

Black Cat Mystery appears closer to 3.5/4.0 tops with that piece out imho

My opinion is that all 3 books are each in the 175-225 range :foryou:...

Edited by Funnybooks

I don't believe IG is the venue as many prefer slabbed unless you sell regularly and build a reputation with a strong following. Pics are low resolution and it's hard to determine condition of books as a buyer and thus the reason many prefer third party grading.

Ebay is fine but the fees....

Sell them here :popcorn:

Anytime I have a pricing question, I try to do the following:

-look at graded sales

- look at raw sales

-search the boards for sales (takes time but can be done!)

After all that, suppose book similar to mine sold 6 months ago for $200. Maybe I assume it has grown in value so perhaps I start price high, maybe $300-350 or whatever. If no one on here bites at books like that, then it gives me an idea that my prices are too high (so maybe I allow offer or slowly start to drop the price by $25-30 decrements). 

Go Collect shows....

A CGC 3.0 Weird Fantasy #19 sold on 2/8/20 on Ebay for $200

A  CGC 4.0 Clutching Hand sold on 2/1/21 on Heritage for $312

A CGC 2.5 Black Cat Mystery sold on 8/13/20 on Ebay for $190

Hope this helps you a little.  I know these may not be exact matches for grades, but I got as close as I could. Should be a reasonable starting point.

7 hours ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

Go Collect shows....

A CGC 3.0 Weird Fantasy #19 sold on 2/8/20 on Ebay for $200

A  CGC 4.0 Clutching Hand sold on 2/1/21 on Heritage for $312

A CGC 2.5 Black Cat Mystery sold on 8/13/20 on Ebay for $190

Hope this helps you a little.  I know these may not be exact matches for grades, but I got as close as I could. Should be a reasonable starting point.

Those were realized prices on slabbed books, so what do you think would be the discount on raw equivalents?  I priced the Weird Fantasy at $115 as a BIN on eBay, but it won't sell.

6 minutes ago, fifties said:

Those were realized prices on slabbed books, so what do you think would be the discount on raw equivalents?  I priced the Weird Fantasy at $115 as a BIN on eBay, but it won't sell.

Obviously, the slabbed equivalent is more than I realized according to this guys listing. https://www.ebay.com/itm/292125360790?hash=item4404074296:g:BfQAAOSwaEhZIdk6

But, I think you have it priced about right, see what kind of offers you get.

P.S. Cool leaf blower vacum

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

49 minutes ago, fifties said:

It doesn’t turn up on my EBay new today search. I have to type in the title and number. Having them mess with the searches is going to cost sellers sales...

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

It doesn’t turn up on my EBay new today search. I have to type in the title and number. Having them mess with the searches is going to cost sellers sales...

This may be the problem...if buyers can't find you?

About two weeks ago, I offered them here, and when nobody nibbled, posted them as BIN's on eBay at higher prices, to compensate for their FV fees. Here I had them at $110 for the Weird Sci, $275 for The Clutching Hand, and $165 for the Black Cat Mystery, then took 10% off, and encouraged messages.  So effectively $99 for Weird Sci, $247.50 for The Clutching Hand, and $148.50, OBO.  These numbers seem to be within what's been suggested here, so I thought they were priced right.

AFA auctioning them, first, is it allowed here?  And wouldn't auctioning here maybe not produce as well as an auction at eBay, given a much larger audience, even with their fees?

Here's the CGC sales thread; 

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

now that the bay has screwed up the searches, I wouldn’t bother selling comics there right now. 

Well I dunno, Weird Fantasy has 221 looks and 3 watchers.

1 hour ago, fifties said:

Well I dunno, Weird Fantasy has 221 looks and 3 watchers.

The way the searches are now, the only way I know it is there is because you said you listed it. I can’t imagine how many books are up that I can’t see.