• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

experiences with Essential Sequential?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, diva_tsarina said:

What are peoples online and in-person experiences with comic art dealer/rep Essential Sequential?

Jason is a rep and he's been very helpful to me.

His site and scans are improving.

My credit card always declines the first attempt of a purchase with him as fraud for some reason too. I have to go in and approve it and do it again.

Shipping is more expensive, at least for higher end (for me) items ($110 for FedEx) than everywhere else I've bought from (HA, CL, CC, RomitaMan, Spencer, Simon, individual artists, other board members). Maybe because they have insurance and he doesn't?

I know people have had issues with new art drops (new items not showing up under new items but on an artists last page I believe).

14 minutes ago, John E. said:

Is this a typo? It has to be a typo, right?

I wish!

He pushed it each of the two times I bought from him. It was 2 day shipping tho.

They were both covers, and he said USPS wasn't dependable lately. I know it was spotty last year.

Looking over my records, I forgot about another cheaper page he did ship for $17 via USPS.

Like I said, I've had much more expensive pages shipped from the other vendors mentioned for $30-36.

Personally, I'm a cheap . I don't mind spending $ on the art but can wait an extra few days to save $70 on shipping.

42 minutes ago, Twanj said:

Personally, I'm a cheap . I don't mind spending $ on the art but can wait an extra few days to save $70 on shipping.

Dude for reals. I mean if these were covers in the 4-figures (and I know you have some nice ones), then I guess you could justify the 3-figure shipping to make sure they get there safe. Just glad to hear they only charge that much for high end items!

2 hours ago, John E. said:

Dude for reals. I mean if these were covers in the 4-figures (and I know you have some nice ones), then I guess you could justify the 3-figure shipping to make sure they get there safe. Just glad to hear they only charge that much for high end items!

Yes, they were what I consider expensive and the shipping was kinda a shock!

Hulk JRjr/Janson https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1727633

Wolverine Kubert https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1684449

This was the cheaper shipping one, a Civil War prelim:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1634130

2 hours ago, gumbydarnit said:

My two transactions with ES have both been extremely positive good customer service and shipping charges were in line with everyone else (3 or so years ago).

The expensive FedEx shipping? Glad it wasn't just me.

Edited by Twanj