• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temperature check - How much do you plan on submitting to CGC in the next 3-6 months?
5 5

With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?

• More than ever - MAKE MINE CGC!
    • a little more than I have in the past
    • about the same as I've done before
    • a little less than before
    • Zero, Zilch, None, Nada - CGC is dead to me!
    • I Love Greggy! I Love Crack!

167 posts in this topic

On 5/26/2021 at 1:59 PM, kav said:

I've seen 3 books that all came back damaged that a boardie showed me.  Submits 4, 3 come back damaged.  WTH is going on in encapsulation???

I just received a 25 book submission that has 5 of the 25 books damaged presumably by handling at encapsulation as the spine bends and clear tics are post pressing and clearly do not reflect the grade on the book nor are they mentioned in the graders notes. Do they not train people how to handle books?

More than ever for me. I have a target number that I am aiming to hit his year for number of books since so much copper and modern drek that has been sitting in boxes in now worth submitting. CGC will be earning a pretty penny off of me this year, and likely next year as well.

They aren’t “dead to me”, but I won’t be submitting any books to them.  I only have 3 books that I plan on slabbing at some point only to keep my Spidey run all slabbed.  Not even sure I’ll submit them to CGC when the time comes.  Only one of them is nice enough that the CGC sell premium might be worth it.  The others are just decent mid-grade copies and the Voldy slab actually shows off colors better than the CGC slab, imo.

On 5/26/2021 at 12:47 PM, Buzzetta said:

Again, this is NOT shaken comic syndrome.  This is someone in the encapsulation room not knowing what they are doing.  This is making the rounds on Facebook today. 

This is why I am not sending anything super valuable to CGC right now. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 1.36.05 PM.png

:facepalm:

unless people have you on ignore, i don't know how people can ignore this level of incompetency