• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temperature check - How much do you plan on submitting to CGC in the next 3-6 months?
5 5

With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?

• More than ever - MAKE MINE CGC!
    • a little more than I have in the past
    • about the same as I've done before
    • a little less than before
    • Zero, Zilch, None, Nada - CGC is dead to me!
    • I Love Greggy! I Love Crack!

167 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can only imagine 

More of the same just seems or seemed so fruitless at first, you've got coghones 

Everybody has different reasons for grading and their expectation on return time for sure. Of course I'd like to have them back as soon as possible such as previous times, but I'm not relying on it to make money right now or immediately. However, for those who want to or need to make money from their graded comics it can be pretty painful. Some will go into my PC and then a majority of these I sell, so I just kind of plan it out accordingly based on what's going on with the market and the current lag.

Though I am hoping I'll have some back by Christmas to have a little bit of extra money for presents! 🎅😁

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

6 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Well, just sent in 72 (separate boxes) Monday. Already have over 120 at different stages, so that's it for big submissions for now. Maybe another 25-50ish prior to the end of the year. I'm in no rush though.

I only have 20 books submitted.  I’ll have to wait because of YOU!!!! :slapfight:

69051174-18AE-43E3-8134-E35B1126878B.gif

5 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

I only have 20 books submitted.  I’ll have to wait because of YOU!!!! :slapfight:

69051174-18AE-43E3-8134-E35B1126878B.gif

🤣🤣🤣

Funny I was in the card forum yesterday I think and the discussion was how many cards people have submitted for grading. I only started submitting cards this year and don't plan on doing anymore, so I have 105 which I thought was a lot. There are people who literally have thousands...and I'm not even sure most of what some are grading are worth anything. But, people have their own interest and reasons!

I'll let my people know they can bump me and put you ahead of me no problem...🙂👍I'm really in no hurry.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

17 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

🤣🤣🤣

Funny I was in the card forum yesterday I think and the discussion was how many cards people have submitted for grading. I only started submitting cards this year and don't plan on doing anymore, so I have 105 which I thought was a lot. There are people who literally have thousands...and I'm not even sure most of what some are grading are worth anything. But, people have their own interest and reasons!

I'll let my people know they can bump me and put you ahead of me no problem...🙂👍I'm really in no hurry.

A pokemon shop here in Dallas was just on the news

I wouldnt find it to uncommon but store has to order from 7 different distributors, people lined up for hours, fights, people stealing cards out of boxes of cinnamon toast crunch in grocery stores etc

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Next time you have an identity issue again, THIS would be a great avatar!

Can’t use animated pics like that.  I tried. 🤣🤪

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wouldnt find it to uncommon but store has to order from u different distributors, people lined up for hours, fights, people stealing cards out of boxes of cinnamon toast crunch in grocery stores etc

I’ve got cards that are supposed to be hot right now.  I’m not getting anywhere near graded cards. :fear:

3 hours ago, Grottu said:

I’m fairly new here, so, yeah, what do I really know. But I’m not doing this again any time soon. Which would be unfortunate, because unlike much of the submitted junk that appears to be gumming up the works, the books I sent in are actual collectibles with value. Not marginal moderns from feebay ninjas looking to slap some plastic bling on their wares and flip them.

I’m surprised this post went unnoticed 

@Buzzetta, what are your thoughts 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wouldnt find it to uncommon but store has to order from u different distributors, people lined up for hours, fights, people stealing cards out of boxes of cinnamon toast crunch in grocery stores etc

It's insane. Most of the ones I sent were 90's early editions that I never opened till the Damndemic...

I did get a retro bug in me for a bit though doing that and picked up some happy meals and cards for a week (25th Anniversary) and buy a couple cereal boxes when I get groceries if they have any, though that's fizzling now. Just gonna put those away for my kiddos.

Sticking to comics now that I got that out of my system. 😂

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

5 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Can’t use animated pics like that.  I tried. 🤣🤪

There's a few people that have them but maybe because they have special permission, I don't know. hm