• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temperature check - How much do you plan on submitting to CGC in the next 3-6 months?
5 5

With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?

• More than ever - MAKE MINE CGC!
    • a little more than I have in the past
    • about the same as I've done before
    • a little less than before
    • Zero, Zilch, None, Nada - CGC is dead to me!
    • I Love Greggy! I Love Crack!

167 posts in this topic

Seriously though, it depends on how things go with my current Modern batch presently at CGC.  I plan to have a bunch of SA/BA/CA stuff I'd like to send in sometime this decade...the jury is still out. (shrug)  Let's see how they do with TAT and the grading on my books...

Hmmm.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ramithard said:

I've got about 72 books in the turnstile...and have another 100 that  I need done.....

Help !!!!!...they have me by the huevos !!

Rancheros, con chorizo, con crema??? :roflmao:

I’m fairly new here, so, yeah, what do I really know. But I’m not doing this again any time soon. Which would be unfortunate, because unlike much of the submitted junk that appears to be gumming up the works, the books I sent in are actual collectibles with value. Not marginal moderns from feebay ninjas looking to slap some plastic bling on their wares and flip them.

When the Great Comic Book Bubble of 2020-21 started inflating last year, CGC could’ve acted by drawing some lines to protect the integrity of the trade by, oh, I don’t know, maybe temporarily declining to accept comics below a certain value until they could ramp up their staffing to meet the demand. Maybe they could’ve raised prices just for those marginal submissions, or imposed extended delays on turn-around times for them, instead of socializing the speculator froth by making the experience worse for everyone. Now, we’re all facing higher prices and longer waits because a segment of the customer base is indulging in a 21st century tulip bulb craze.

I suppose when I actually get my slabs sent back to me, I might be so overcome with joy I’ll change my mind. But I doubt it.
Edited by Grottu

I'm done for a while. Costs went up which would have been fine except TAT's keep climbing. Now when cons happen again (which will be soon) CGC will be all about it and cause TAT's to climb further. Couple that with new hires being extra extra trying to grade "accurately" adding even more to TAT's and we're also likely to see a slew of under/over/mis-graded books........

3 hours ago, Murphman13 said:

am I voting for Greggy’s crack?

thats what she said.