• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Spring feature auction looking interesting

92 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Mickey7 said:

Several J. Scott Campbell covers over $22,000.  Those "posing superheroine" covers he pumps out are like printing money.  

To me, those are the most overrated art in the auction. They are almost all the same year or two which makes me think either J. Scott Campbell is selling them, or he sold a bunch to one buyer at the time. And they are variant covers. Nice, but overvalued.doh!

12 minutes ago, sfilosa said:

To me, those are the most overrated art in the auction. They are almost all the same year or two which makes me think either J. Scott Campbell is selling them, or he sold a bunch to one buyer at the time. And they are variant covers. Nice, but overvalued.doh!

Those covers follow the clearly defined equation

GGA + Fanboy = $$$

4 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Those covers follow the clearly defined equation

GGA + Fanboy = $$$

But for how long? No nostalgia to those covers. My prediction is that three to five years from now, some of those would sell for significantly less than today. But I could be wrong.:baiting:

2 minutes ago, sfilosa said:

But for how long? No nostalgia to those covers. My prediction is that three to five years from now, some of those would sell for significantly less than today. But I could be wrong.:baiting:

Depends on what "uses" the current owners find for them.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

:whatthe:

I remember The PWJ issues with the Wolvie x-over were a huge deal when the were 1st announced and it was a major comics event.  Even though the local stores here in Toronto ordered very heavily, they commanded a premium immediately and were very strong back issue seller for quite a while.

I was expecting the page to sell for around $40K, but $73K is a very strong price.  Congrats to the seller!!!