• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Spring feature auction looking interesting

92 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Good points. Kravens last hunt pages have indeed taken a jump in realized prices in the last year. Its the Wild West at these auctions nowadays with prices all over the map, I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more KLH pages coming to auction with these big numbers, I wonder what the covers could fetch??....

Check the HA archives…I think one cover sold about a year ago

56 minutes ago, rlextherobot said:

Any thoughts on the two Y: The Last Man pages going for $1900 and $1800 respectively? They're both nice pages with Yorrick on them from early in the series, but that price seems to be unprecedented. TV show bump? 

the seller was @Sideshow Bob he could probably answer this better.. but that was my thought

1 hour ago, rlextherobot said:

Any thoughts on the two Y: The Last Man pages going for $1900 and $1800 respectively? They're both nice pages with Yorrick on them from early in the series, but that price seems to be unprecedented. TV show bump? 

I didn't think they were unprecedented results. Early pages with Yorick are about $1,500-1,700 if they are ever available. Better examples (with Ampersand or title pages from early issues) have traded hands for much more than that. You can't get near a page from #1 for less than $10k, if you can find one. To me, this is just the auction houses catching up to the private market with quality material up for public sale for the first time in a while. The Hulu release later this year certainly doesn't hurt...

Full disclosure: I have a lot of early YTLM pages as I think they are awesome, but I am currently selling some through CL to lighten up my collection. But I am not trying to hype up my sales here...

Edited by Sideshow Bob

6 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

I didn't think they were unprecedented results. Early pages with Yorick are about $1,500-1,700 if they are ever available. Better examples (with Ampersand or title pages from early issues) have traded hands for much more than that. You can't get near a page from #1 for less than $10k, if you can find one. To me, this is just the auction houses catching up to the private market with quality material up for public sale for the first time in a while. The Hulu release later this year certainly doesn't hurt...

Thanks for the insight! 

On 6/1/2021 at 4:40 PM, Dayzen said:

Yup, it’s now in the marketplace section. 

Thanks. I was eyeballing that and wondered if I had imagined the whole thing. I didn't think Clink could do a move with no reserve auctions. Btw, I did see that page last sell for $5k at heritage some years back. 

Any thoughts on the McKean Sandman cover hitting almost $37k? Seems like a good, solid result, but I'm not as tuned in to the Sandman art market as I used to be. Curious to see where it'd have gotten to had it been one of his mixed media pieces comprising the entirety of the published cover (as it is, full sized published McKean Sandman paintings aren't growing on trees)

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DMckean%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1471114&id=1471114&itemType=1

On 6/3/2021 at 10:46 AM, Sideshow Bob said:

Full disclosure: I have a lot of early YTLM pages as I think they are awesome, but I am currently selling some through CL to lighten up my collection. But I am not trying to hype up my sales here...

There's a premium assigned to the early pages because a. they're early and b. they have lettering on them as a bonus. Still, these went for higher than I would have guessed. I'm sure there will be new interest thanks to the show...time will tell if this is the new normal for Y pages.

On 6/5/2021 at 1:49 PM, Legion of Goom said:

Any thoughts on the McKean Sandman cover hitting almost $37k? Seems like a good, solid result, but I'm not as tuned in to the Sandman art market as I used to be. Curious to see where it'd have gotten to had it been one of his mixed media pieces comprising the entirety of the published cover (as it is, full sized published McKean Sandman paintings aren't growing on trees)

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DMckean%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1471114&id=1471114&itemType=1

Very good result. Yes, it was published, but not instantly recognizable because of the way the art was formatted. Was available for a time with a dealer for quite a bit less not that long ago. Seller did well on a flip.