• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does Overstreet note IH180 and 181?

19 posts in this topic

Those of you with copies of old Overstreet Price Guides, how do they notate IH180/181?

Did it list one or the other as Wolverines 1st appearance? 

Did it change at some point? Or has it always been the same.

Note: sweet saasy molassy I dont want to kick off another IH180/181 argument. Just want to know how Overstreet has noted it thru the years...

Volume 46 (2016/2017) lists: 

* IH180 - 1st brief app. Wolverine (last pg.)

* IH181 - 1st full Wolverine story; Trimpe-a

I'd tell you what my older copies said.. but in a fit of foolishness and having issues with space, I got rid of them. One of several things I'd do differently today. 

@Wall-Crawler - you picked up an old copy recently didn't you?  What does it say in that? 

Edited by Arkham
Add Vol 46 coverage year.

10 hours ago, Arkham said:

Volume 46 (2016/2017) lists: 

* IH180 - 1st brief app. Wolverine (last pg.)

* IH181 - 1st full Wolverine story; Trimpe-a

I'd tell you what my older copies said.. but in a fit of foolishness and having issues with space, I got rid of them. One of several things I'd do differently today. 

@Wall-Crawler - you picked up an old copy recently didn't you?  What does it say in that? 

My reprint of OSPG 1st edition is before they were published, but my OSPG #12 circa 1982-83 states:

IH #180 1st appearance Wolverine (cameo) NM price: $6.00

IH #181 Wolverine appearance NM price: $16.00

:takeit:

14 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

My reprint of OSPG 1st edition is before they were published, but my OSPG #12 circa 1982-83 states:

IH #180 1st appearance Wolverine (cameo) NM price: $6.00

IH #181 Wolverine appearance NM price: $16.00

:takeit:

$16? I don't know.... I'd wait around for a deal... 

5 hours ago, Sofa King 👑 said:

OPG #9 and then OPG #20.

20210521_111808.thumb.jpg.cdb401080f829bcdaba619e40fd557e5.jpg

WTF:  Are you sure this is right and it's from OPG 9 or 1979?  ???

If so, looks like I really got hosed on my copy by the dealer since I paid what is obviously a stratospheric price at the time then of $5 for my top row minty fresh wall copy at the local comic con back in the day.  :frustrated:  :mad:   :censored:

5 minutes ago, Sofa King 👑 said:

20210521_174010.jpg

Most definitely, although it might have actually been into the very early 80's because I sincerely doubt that I would have been willing to pay that kind of ridiculous multiple to top of guide for a book like that at the time.  :facepalm:

It's too bad they don't give out receipts although I am not sure what their return policy would be anyways and highly doubt they would be willing to give you a full refund right after completely hosing you for your hard earned $5.  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  

When I went to the Creation con in Philly in 1979, Jay Maybruck told me he was buying GS1 and XM 94 for 25 bucks apiece. I said that they were cheap in the Guide, and Jay said that the guide is wrong on a lot of books. At that time I treated it like a Bible.

7 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

When I went to the Creation con in Philly in 1979, Jay Maybruck told me he was buying GS1 and XM 94 for 25 bucks apiece. I said that they were cheap in the Guide, and Jay said that the guide is wrong on a lot of books. At that time I treated it like a Bible.

Such a coincidence, I’m currently looking to buy GS1 and X-Men 94 for $25 apiece too!

On 5/21/2021 at 12:07 AM, miraclemet said:

Those of you with copies of old Overstreet Price Guides, how do they notate IH180/181?

Note: sweet saasy molassy I dont want to kick off another IH180/181 argument. Just want to know how Overstreet has noted it thru the years...

Just saw this...

20210522_213317.jpg

19 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:
On 5/21/2021 at 10:25 AM, Sofa King 👑 said:

20210521_111808.thumb.jpg.cdb401080f829bcdaba619e40fd557e5.jpg

So the 1st app. is indeed IH 180 👍

I must be missing something. (shrug)

Of course it is, even if it's brief and essentially only an ad for the next issue.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:07 AM, miraclemet said:

This would make for a good thread on how Overstreet has adjusted notations for many books throughout the decades.