• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Greg Eide
2 2

23 posts in this topic

R.I.P. Greg Eide.

Eide's Entertainment is easily my all-time favourite comic store.

Over the past ten or so years, every spring, I'd travel to Pittsburgh to splurge on comics at their annual sale. It sucks that COVID restrictions prevented me from travelling there this year and last. I would have liked to haggle with Greg one more time.

Aside from the amazing books I've purchased there each visit, the one thing that stood out was seeing the same faces working in the store, year after year, all dedicated to the business. That's something that's missing in most workplaces. It was clear that Greg treated them right. Never heard anyone say anything negative about the man. I hope, somehow, that the store remains open, operating in the same old way that Greg ran it for nearly 50 years.

I did not know Greg personally but did make some purchases on eBay from his store, including SA Aquaman #3 CGC 9.4 (WHITE). It sounds like he put his heart into his business and keeping customers happy and treated his coworkers like family. Anyone like that will be missed.

6 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

I hope, somehow, that the store remains open, operating in the same old way that Greg ran it for nearly 50 years.

I don't know how different things will be in his absence, but I did read that they plan to continue operating the comic store.

I never met the man in person, but I know way back in the day I did business with him.  Always seemed like an up and up good person.  He will be missed.

Edited by toro