• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I sent off my books for grading over a month ago via UPS, should I be worried?

23 posts in this topic

You can check the website for info, and if you’re not satisfied email or cal Cgc w your invoice #

mine was delivered 5 weeks ago and still no receiving ..so who knows..they seem to have been opening books from april 12th for a week now...what a joke

It's also no use talking to CGC until they put your order into submission...until that happens your order is just an anonymous box with thousands of other boxes on lots of shelves and they won't spend the time looking

Edited by Ed Hanes

1 hour ago, Ed Hanes said:

mine was delivered 5 weeks ago and still no receiving ..so who knows..they seem to have been opening books from april 12th for a week now...what a joke

It's also no use talking to CGC until they put your order into submission...until that happens your order is just an anonymous box with thousands of other boxes on lots of shelves and they won't spend the time looking

Did you use the Confirm Package Delivery database?

My Submissions | Account | CGC (cgccomics.com)

image.thumb.png.c34830bf149f443767da879e82b518d3.png

yes..I used that ...it's there but it has been there, unopened, for five weeks

I know that CGC has their own post office in situ..so pretty much if your USPS tracking says its been delivered (meaning the postal carrier has delivered it to the CGC site), it doesn't take more than a a day or two for CGC to scan the box. I have timed this with several deliveries

Interesting thing is that none of this seems to have affected the signings ...they are immediately processed upon receipt of delivery ...I have noticed that they send those books through grading pretty fast once they have been signed...well, unless you forget to put the signers initials on the box...which I did once...ugh

Edited by Ed Hanes

12 hours ago, Ed Hanes said:

Interesting thing is that none of this seems to have affected the signings ...they are immediately processed upon receipt of delivery ...I have noticed that they send those books through grading pretty fast once they have been signed...well, unless you forget to put the signers initials on the box...which I did once...ugh

How is that "interesting"?

31 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Will you answer the question?

dood, it's a colloquialism..it's something people say that doesn't really mean anything...are you new to the English language? I bet you actually also answer rhetorical questions 

On 5/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, Ed Hanes said:

warehouse.jpg

On 5/24/2021 at 6:31 PM, Ed Hanes said:

yes..I used that ...it's there but it has been there, unopened, for five weeks

Well then there you have it, that's made for your exact question so that you wouldnt have to wonder where your book is. CGC has almost a 2 month wait time to turn your book to recieved status, so all you can do is wait now and stop worrying.

Edited by William-James88

On 5/26/2021 at 4:08 PM, Ed Hanes said:

yeah, you're on your own now...good luck

This process takes forever, well at least 6 months to forever, and it's taken forever, well forever since CGC was created, to get books graded.  I have 3 subs in right now dating back to November of last year.  I'm aware they are there and I hope to get some back soon but I'm conditioned to the wait and I'm comfortable with the wait.

And you're right, CGC doesn't want to spend the time to find your or anyone else's shipment.  I'd imagine they have many many requests for information and they're prioritizing grading over digging through piles of boxes to answer questions. 

Ed, relax.

I am not worried where my book is..I know where it is....and I usually only do signatures, which haven't seemingly been affected by the volume.  I only have one book being 'only graded'...when the official time was 15-30 days. Only this week has CGC unofficially changed the timeline to opening to 15-50 days...this isn't about my getting the books back as quickly as possible..it's about a company that can't seem to be genuine in relaying information. I have worked most of my life in time sensitive businesses , and I know what's important to keeping the customers happy.... It's all about COMMUNICATION, which is the backbone to the reputation of a company...CGC's integrity is kinda going downhill here. So we will see where the dominos fall....I certaonly won't ever go to CGC for grading only services anymore.

Edited by Ed Hanes

29 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

you asked if you should be worried. The answer is that IF you know where your book is (and you do) then you should not be worried.

There isn't anymore to it than that.

What you are expressing now is dissatisfaction. While that's fair, it's not worry. You can express your dissatisfaction in a myriad of other threads but in terms of your initial question, it's been put to bed.

Dood, really??? the OP (WHO EXPRESSED BEING WORRIED!!!! (Slimfast)) was someone different than me..geezus crying out loud...my post was about all this being "a joke"

and it's still a joke

Edited by Ed Hanes

11 minutes ago, Ed Hanes said:

Dood, really??? the OP (WHO EXPRESSED BEING WORRIED!!!! (Slimfast)) was someone different than me..geezus crying out loud...my post was about all this being "a joke"

and it's still a joke

I got my wires crossed, sorry about that