• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POSTAL DISTRIBUTION CENTERS ....
2 2

51 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

Is it just here, or are Distribution Centers everywhere turning into black holes and deadbeat mosh pits ? Every week it seems a package or two drops off the face of the Earth with that horsedung about "IN TRANSIT BUT ARRIVING LATE". It's disgusting... the USPS used to be one of the crown jewels of this country. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Two spots that I dread seeing any package  “pass through” over the last few months have been Bell Gardens, CA and Jersey City, NJ.

I say “pass through” as they mostly sit for at least a week at those two centers. Thankfully everything has eventually left and showed up where it was supposed to go but still.

6 minutes ago, Park said:

Two spots that I dread seeing any package  “pass through” over the last few months have been Bell Gardens, CA and Jersey City, NJ.

I say “pass through” as they mostly sit for at least a week at those two centers. Thankfully everything has eventually left and showed up where it was supposed to go but still.

Hyattsville, MD has been a problem spot for a while too. Richmond is inching that way. GOD BLESS...

I have mailed the checks to Comiclink with Chicago PO address many years but last three months they lost my mails twice that never arrived.  Comiclink account department told me that two checks never arrived.  I received the large envelope with the window.  Take a good look here (they thought cash or check inside the small evenlope but newspaper clips only):

image.thumb.jpg.c6bf3626434f5c3bbe13b08eec443cbc.jpg

Also, my second Stimulus check was stolen and cashed without my permission - you can see the forgeries here:  (US Treasury took care of it for us).

image(2).thumb.jpg.786274b7a42c1bde78e3e0f7cf220ad4.jpgBE4391DD-9096-4033-B82C-9F73B1A77830.thumb.jpeg.feeb0f8f6fb9196465c0a4a15f4ab02b.jpeg

As well as you know Chicago has plagues like shootings, carjackings, ATMs being pulled off and NOW US Postal has dealt problems with some employees have mishandled, exploited and stolen many mails that have gone missing or misplaced.   I will retire sending checks. Comiclink needs to add EDI payment online like Heritage has one and I will use electronic direct deposits after receiving the last regular IRS check this year.  In 2016, I almost lost $30,000 value of Neal Adams' Batman and Tec CGC books to the thieves through Chicago Distribution Center but thanks to eBay sellers for being honest and returning my books back. PayPal helped us a lot!!!  US Postal Inspector acknowledged the name of the seller who stole my books but they will never tell us if they were arrested.

My books were mailed to my home address since 2007 without the incident but I have a strong feeling that it will be happened soon.  I may ship either FedEx or UPS if my books are missed or stolen again.

US Postmaster General Louis DeJoy seemed ineffective to stop problems that have plagued in last 7 years.

Edited by JollyComics

12 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I have mailed the checks to Comiclink with Chicago PO address many years but last three months they lost my mails twice that never arrived.  Comiclink account department told me that two checks never arrived.  I received the large envelope with the window.  Take a good look here (they thought cash or check inside the small evenlope but newspaper clips only):

image.thumb.jpg.fdb92158f1deb85673194334c6580a47.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.c6bf3626434f5c3bbe13b08eec443cbc.jpg

Also, my second Stimulus check was stolen and cashed without my permission - you can see the forgeries here:  (US Treasury took care of it for us).

BE4391DD-9096-4033-B82C-9F73B1A77830.thumb.jpeg.feeb0f8f6fb9196465c0a4a15f4ab02b.jpeg

As well as you know Chicago has plagues like shootings, carjackings, ATMs being pulled off and NOW US Postal has dealt problems with some employees have mishandled, exploited and stolen many mails that have gone missing or misplaced.   I will retire sending checks. Comiclink needs to add EDI payment online like Heritage has one and I will use electronic direct deposits after receiving the last regular IRS check this year.  In 2016, I almost lost $30,000 value of Neal Adams' Batman and Tec CGC books to the thieves through Chicago Distribution Center but thanks to eBay sellers for being honest and returning my books back. PayPal helped us a lot!!!  US Postal Inspector acknowledged the name of the seller who stole my books but they will never tell us if they were arrested.

My books were mailed to my home address since 2007 without the incident but I have a strong feeling that it will be happened soon.  I may ship either FedEx or UPS if my books are missed or stolen again.

US Postmaster General Louis DeJoy seemed ineffective to stop problems that have plagued in last 7 years.

These things all seem to be management related ... maybe they need to clean house... but sometimes that makes things worse. GOD BLESS....

Just now, jimjum12 said:

These things all seem to be management related ... maybe they need to clean house... but sometimes that makes things worse. GOD BLESS....

One incident in 2016. It got better without the single incident. I got a new habit and ask the mail clerk to scan all bar codes before shipping out.  In 2020 and 2021, they have targeted the small envelopes because they are fit for the cash or check.  I have to use the large envelopes after the mail clerks told me to use them.  Now, I have to tell CL account dept to set up EDI payment system now. We The Comic People have to make the actions against the thieves and mayhem in USPS.

Pest Problems can't eliminate bug problems but we have to keep it up.

I don't typically like to talk trash about other people... If I've offended someone, my apologies. GOD BLESS...

In this one case you should be more offensive. Keep going!

I don't typically like to talk trash about other people... If I've offended someone, my apologies. GOD BLESS...

Just now, Point Five said:

22A235CA-36AE-45E2-B781-EC84959FBE50.gif

Just now, Point Five said:

I'm friends with half the staff at both P.O.'s around here, most of my probs seem to be with distribution hubs. One clerk told me that entire trailers are being sent away to different facilities WITHOUT scanning ... this is the root cause ... it's blamed on higher volume, but if the mail is paid for per unit, then receipts must be up as well, why not personnel too .... (shrug) GOD BLESS...

9 hours ago, Park said:

You need to be more discriminating about which center you stick your package into.

Edited by Jeffro.

It's not just Virginia, Jimbo.  Coffee beans and macadamia nuts for my wife for Mother's Day coming from Hawaii were mailed by USPS Priority, and left the Honolulu distribution center on May 5.  There were no other tracking entries (besides the annoying 'arriving late' notice) until arrival in Philly was noted May 14, and the package delivered on the 15th, a sad 6 days after Mother's Day.  So it took a Priority Mail package 11 days in total to arrive, and I was just relieved that it actually finally did.  I e-mailed customer service, and they replied that they're routinely experiencing 7-14 day delivery times for Priority packages to the rest of the country.

I agree with you that the US Postal Service has been a crown jewel of government run efficiency for many decades now, and the envy of postal delivery worldwide.  But in 2020 the combination of COVID, personnel cutbacks, and equipment losses put an end to their stellar record.

Edited by namisgr

At my local USPS there had been 2 of the nicest guys you'd ever meet that worked the front desk.I mail packages a few times a week so I got to know each of them just by going in there and having a quick chat. They knew my name, said hi every time, and asked generally how my day was going... this was par for the course for anybody that went in there also, not just me. They had both been there for something like 30+ years and just retired last year during COVID. The replacement postal workers are... just... different... They're younger, aren't nearly as friendly, and rarely look up from their computer screen during the interaction. I guess I get it... things change and by no means am I saying the departure of these 2 guys is what's wrong with the current state of USPS but man, it sure does feel like a completely different experience now that they're gone. Kinda like the end of an era...