• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about TATs

16 posts in this topic

So are WT and Express still opened sooner than the rest? Or are they also only opening those from the week of 3/22 as well?
Kinda confused if i should expect posted TAT for the premium services or if its TAT plus like 2 months? 
Thanks.

10 minutes ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

If you mark your shipping package correctly they should open it asap when it's received for Walkthrough and Express. I'm not sure about Standard since they just started asking customers to write it on the packages.

Yeah, I'm thoroughly bummed that I sent some of my faves via standard, but also included them in the same box as my bulk subs back in March. They're just sitting in there wondering what's up. 

21 minutes ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

If you mark your shipping package correctly they should open it asap when it's received for Walkthrough and Express. I'm not sure about Standard since they just started asking customers to write it on the packages.

Good to know, have some I was hoping to get some turned around soon, and was feeling apprehensive if it 7 days was really like 50 something days.

9 minutes ago, Eric Sorensen said:

Yeah, I'm thoroughly bummed that I sent some of my faves via standard, but also included them in the same box as my bulk subs back in March. They're just sitting in there wondering what's up. 

Sad day :(.

14 hours ago, Jadhu108 said:

So are WT and Express still opened sooner than the rest? Or are they also only opening those from the week of 3/22 as well?
Kinda confused if i should expect posted TAT for the premium services or if its TAT plus like 2 months? 
Thanks.

FWIW, I've done three WKs and the two most recent were received and then shipped within two days.

Is there a minimum # of Express cards required in order to mark the package "EX" so that your package is opened sooner? Or can people just send in literally 1 Express card with a bunch of Bulk and then cut the line by 2 nearly months?

Assuming the minimum is 1 Express card, I see opportunity here to raise that minimum # to at least 5 Express cards per order in order to cut the package opening line, and using that extra revenue to improve their operation, i.e. hiring additional mailroom staff etc. 

This of course assumes people are pounding this loophole, which in the ruthless rat race known as card grading, I assume people 100% are lol. lol

I wouldn't exactly call it a loophole because you are paying a higher price for that express card and the express card will be shipped separately which adds an additional cost to your submission. If you're okay with all that, I guess you could "cut the line" by paying for it. 

32 minutes ago, Romdeau said:

I wouldn't exactly call it a loophole because you are paying a higher price for that express card and the express card will be shipped separately which adds an additional cost to your submission. If you're okay with all that, I guess you could "cut the line" by paying for it. 

What would you call sending 1 express to get bulk and stuff received in a fraction of the time? 😂

2 hours ago, Zach Bivens said:

I did the same exact thing hahaha

CGC has since stated that it's timeline is based on items delivere, not their received status. So adding that 1 express card wouldn't make you cut in line for the bulk stuff. It will be seperated and gotten to in it's own time. 

At least that's what should happen. Has there been evidence to the opposite?

2 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

CGC has since stated that it's timeline is based on items delivere, not their received status. So adding that 1 express card wouldn't make you cut in line for the bulk stuff. It will be seperated and gotten to in it's own time. 

At least that's what should happen. Has there been evidence to the opposite?

Ex and WK you mark the box so it gets prioritized in the opening line.

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Did that result in lower TATs for bulks? That's my question.

If you sent in Standard/Econ/Bulk, with an EX your other stuff was "received" at the same time. Doesn't really play much of a factor in bulk time, but for standard sure.

Yes, because your package is opened first and the cards are "received". Look at the turnaround time thread. People sending standard in with one express, their cards get logged and done pretty fast compared to two months of not even having boxes opened for others.

The same mess people have done with PSA for ages.

On 5/29/2021 at 12:29 PM, reptilekingdie said:

Just send one express or walk through with your bulk moderns and mark box with the EX or WT on the box then it will get opened. Problem solved 😉

Wish I would have know that before sending my express shipment.  Its probably going to sit there for months now.  They got the box last week but haven't even scanned it into their system yet saying it was delivered.

3 hours ago, Druzel said:

Wish I would have know that before sending my express shipment.  Its probably going to sit there for months now.  They got the box last week but haven't even scanned it into their system yet saying it was delivered.

After submitting your submission they send you a email telling you exactly how they want it packaged and shipped to them.... sorry about your luck. You live and you learn....

On 6/21/2021 at 1:41 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

After submitting your submission they send you a email telling you exactly how they want it packaged and shipped to them.... sorry about your luck. You live and you learn....

Yeah I assumed the information in the email was the same as what was on the paper they gave you with the shipping kit.  Oh well.