• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-Holdering
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I hope this is not a daft question, but when re-holdering, do you put the same label in or a new label?

For example, if I want to re-holder a book that has your original labels, would I get that back?

Jennifer quick question. 

When you send in a reholder does it get stored differently than books coming in for grading and pressing.

Or does it get added to the bulk boxes and opened whenever they get to it. I did put reholder on the outside of the box.

• Administrator

Hello, regular reholders are not an expedited tier so they will get opened with the regular mail.  The only exception to this would be if you were submitting a book back to fix a mechanical error.  In that case you would write ME on the outside of the box.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Jennifer F. said:

Hello, regular reholders are not an expedited tier so they will get opened with the regular mail.  The only exception to this would be if you were submitting a book back to fix a mechanical error.  In that case you would write ME on the outside of the box.

Thanks!

So if I get an encapsulated book back and the case is not sealed or is busted or something else I write ME on the outside when I send the book back to get the problem fixed. That way it gets a little more expedited. Because I have seen several people posting about their cases not being completely sealed. Thanks

11 hours ago, cklamer said:

So if I get an encapsulated book back and the case is not sealed or is busted or something else I write ME on the outside when I send the book back to get the problem fixed. That way it gets a little more expedited. Because I have seen several people posting about their cases not being completely sealed. Thanks

I've read in the forums that cases not being completely sealed is normal.  I mentioned that one of my magazines came back with space on the sides (you could slip a postcard through it), and the consensus was that it's not unusual.  In fact, some said it's actually better, as it allows for air circulation which can slow aging of the book.  

Hello, I had a few questions about reholdering. I am trying to decide if I should get a book reholdered. It appears to have a small piece of debris or something on the inside of the holder. Will that affect the comic book long term in terms of it affecting the quality of the actual book? Also, if I do decide to send it for a reholder, I can’t seem to find packing instructions for sending back a book for a reholder? Any help would be greatly appreciated!