• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starlin art from WW Boston

10 posts in this topic

Great pick-up, Steve! One of the nicer sketches I've seen!

Sorry I couldn't make the dinner. I had run out of gas by 2pm and my wife was really tired when I got home after being with my sick daughter all day. I just decided it was best to stay home and rest. Hope you had fun.

Dan

Here's my only pickup at WW Boston: a Starlin Thanos sketch. yay.gif

Thanos3.jpg

That sketch sucks, Steve. You should have had him do something from Dreadstar instead. poke2.gifstooges.gif

Just kidding, that is awesome!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Sweet! Was it a commission?

Sort of. I was disappointed that Jim didn't bring any original art pages, but he brought a few small sketches, and apparently by the time I got to his table, there were only a few left, and none really knocked me out.

But it just so happened that he did a sketch for the ACTOR booth, and this was the sketch. I was walking by their booth at the end of the day Saturday, and the guy said "make an offer on anything you think you want" so I make an offer on this sketch and he said ok.

It's a great sketch, and is pretty large -- on an 11 x 17 inch piece of paper, not an 8 1/2 x 11.