• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are you selling now (that ebay isn't as good)?
4 4

72 posts in this topic

Being a low-volume seller, I am  just wondering where everybody in the community selling if you have become dissatisfied with eBay?

The boards, Facebook, MCS, Instagram?

I saw a few places talk about WhatsNot....

https://comicbookinvest.com/2021/06/09/whatnot-comics-a-community-marketplace/

Edited by Wolverinex

I left my job last June and have been selling on eBay solely since then. I just. Set up for the first time at a local flea market and did quite well all things considered, so that may be a fruitful outlet for me in the future, maybe not regularly but once a month or so. I may start trying my hand at setting up at shows in my region.

I tried Facebook a few months ago but it didn’t work out very well, just not enough traffic in the groups I joined. Maybe I need to find better selling groups there.

17 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the government finds a way to 1099 an even trade :facepalm:

I'm sure they are trying lol. What happens if you get a $3,000 book for a $2,500 book and $500 cash? 

1 hour ago, HotKey said:

I'm sure they are trying lol. What happens if you get a $3,000 book for a $2,500 book and $500 cash? 

Isn't there a section on your taxes when you file that asks if you bought anything online, out of state, etc. and didn't pay taxes? But then again, it doesn't mention trade hm

5 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I'm going to give Myslabs a plug! They're deeper into sports cards but have just gotten into the comics market. Give them a look, hopefully they can catch on!

I was thinking of going this route too, Nice how they pre-screen and manually approve sellers.

2 hours ago, BishopT said:

I left my job last June and have been selling on eBay solely since then. I just. Set up for the first time at a local flea market and did quite well all things considered, so that may be a fruitful outlet for me in the future, maybe not regularly but once a month or so. I may start trying my hand at setting up at shows in my region.

I tried Facebook a few months ago but it didn’t work out very well, just not enough traffic in the groups I joined. Maybe I need to find better selling groups there.

This brings up a good point. FM are a great source of quick income. I honestly look to see them increase as well as dealers at shows as they  try to avoid the dreaded 1099s that are coming the next couple of years. So from my point of you its the best of both worlds. When I go to a show I will have a ton of dealers and many who wont sell online anymore. :whee:

I paid for a entire semester of college in one weekend 25+ years ago selling for 2 days so it can be very lucrative with the right books.

I think you should try IG next. Its where I am heading later this year for a trial. Its not much fee avoidance, but attracting new buyers for me. 
The only downside to IG are the sellers who try to get you to pay F&F to avoid the paypal fee which is dumb and petty. Also it avoids your
buyer protection. 

Edited by fastballspecial

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

This brings up a good point. FM are a great source of quick income. I honestly look to see them increase as well as dealers at shows as they  try to avoid the dreaded 1099s that are coming the next couple of years. So from my point of you its the best of both worlds. When I go to a show I will have a ton of dealers and many who wont sell online anymore. :whee:

I paid for a entire semester of college in one weekend 25+ years ago selling for 2 days so it can be very lucrative with the right books.

I think you should try IG next. Its where I am heading later this year for a trial. Its not much fee avoidance, but attracting new buyers for me. 
The only downside to IG are the sellers who try to get you to pay F&F to avoid the paypal fee which is dumb and petty. Also it avoids your
buyer protection. 

I would love to see you on insta. You have such great stuff.