• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #3 9.8 CGC How much should I try and get
1 1

9 posts in this topic

It's tough to gauge an exact price on a 9.8.  The going rate for a 9.6 seems to be a little over $500.

My rule of thumb for a 9.8 on a book like that is to double the price of a 9.6.  That would put it around $1100.  However... a 9.8 sold on Ebay in late May for $1999.00

With only 25 9.8s out there, I'd stay on the high side and try asking $1999.00  If nobody bites, you can always let potential buyers make you an offer.

I agree with @Cheetahs Neverprosper

In my experience for books like that (ie: rarer, harder to find indies -> especially in high grade) it is usually better to price them high and see how the market responds. You can always turn down an offer that is too low, but you can't get it back if you sell it for too cheap!

Congrats on your first 9.8 :applause:

5 hours ago, Eclipse9965 said:

You can always turn down an offer that is too low, but you can't get it back if you sell it for too cheap!

All too true.  I sold an Albedo #2 for less than $400 once :facepalm:    Life needs an Undo button.

But definitely go on the high side for your asking price.  Usagi Yojimbo is super hot right now and 9.8s are a scarce commoddity.

I have a 9.4 I have listed for $1250, which is high, but with best offer enabled, since I don't know when the Netflix series will be released and how the market will respond. I wouldn't list the 9.8 for less than $3000 obo and I would wait until the series is released to do so.   There are other 9.8s listed for far less than that so if you're looking to sell quickly it's probably best to be competitive with the current market and list for around $2200. 

Edited by Flanders82
added info

I used to own multiple Bone #1 - from 9.0 to 9.8.  Sold $550 for 9.0 and $5950 for 9.8.

Also, I waited for Bone movie since 2008. Jeff Smith is still not willing to see Bone any differences from his storyboard so he has given difficult times with all different producers while the price has risen on #1.   I happened to have the last copy at 7.5 Qualified but it goes straight to CGC for re-grading. Hopefully it will be 8.0.   I know it takes a lot of patience but Jeff Smith is "pain in *ss" for holding it up.

Hopefully Usagi Yojimbo movie will make Jeff Smith to say it's a green light for his movie soon.