• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I sold off my Silver and Bronze Age Marvel Keys and I don't regret it!
2 2

35 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2021 at 3:30 PM, Robot Man said:

I did the same thing many, many years ago. Bat 1, Cap 1, WW 1, Flash 1, More Fun 52, GL 1, Subby 1 and others plus my ‘69 Z-28 went toward that first house. Had a wife and new baby. Have never been sorry.

20 years later off went most of my SA #1’s to put that baby and her sister through college. Also worthy investments. 

Have replaced a few over the years. 

Funny how things turn out though. My younger daughter inherited my “need for speed”. Married a gear head. Her and her husband now have a ‘68 Z-28 that I can drive whenever I want!

Bonus on the 68 Z28.😎

Fan of Roger Stern here. I did not know that he was still on active (neither Buscema). I  would buy and read it if it was released over here (unlikely). Hopefully it's a great comic and sells above your expectations.

It is available at shops that preordered copies which is somewhat hit or miss. I believe most comic shops can special order copies from Diamond or it’s at most online comic shops like mycomicshop.com. 

On 8/19/2021 at 12:34 AM, Sitcomics said:

It is available at shops that preordered copies which is somewhat hit or miss. I believe most comic shops can special order copies from Diamond or it’s at most online comic shops like mycomicshop.com. 

Picked one off the shelf at Midtown Comics this week.

(thumbsu

On 6/21/2021 at 12:41 AM, Sitcomics said:

In the mid to late 90s I collected near complete runs of most Marvel titles from the early 60s thru the mid 80s.  I was actually reading them so I mostly bought reader grade copies and the only issues I didn't buy were the ones reprinted in cover to cover Marvel Milestone Editions.   About five years ago, every time a Marvel movie or TV show was released, I began selling off that collection on ebay.  Why?  To finance my own comic book company!   And this month that company just made its debut in Previews with The Heroes Union #1 by Roger Stern, Ron Frenz & Sal Buscema.  I know most of you don't care about that, but here's a link to the Previews page for those who are curious to see what I wasted all those profits on.

I still have mostly complete runs of Hulk (including 2-6), Sgt Fury, Tales of Suspense, Fantastic Four and thankfully, Darkhawk which I'm sure I'll cash in eventually when the MCU gets to those places.  But here's the heart of what I've sold off to finance my publishing dream:

Tales to Astonish 27, 35- to the last Giant-Man issue

Amazing Adventures 1-6

Avengers 2, 3 5-400

Daredevil 1-200 (sold to coincide with the Netflix show) still have the Echo issues though

JIM - 83-125, 126-300 (sold during Thor Ragnarok)

Spider-Man 2, 4-400 (sold during Homecoming)

X-Men 2-67 most issues from 94-200 (sold during Days of Future Past)

Strange Tales 110- 167 (sold during the Dr. Strange movie)

I bought them all way before the movie boom plus they were mostly reader copies so I have no regrets about selling most of them though I definitely parted with my complete Eternals run prematurely.  Based on the trailer I actually think that movie will be a dud but I still sold way too soon.  And the only thing that will make me feel better is if you all pre-order The Heroes Union #1!  ;) 

So that's my non-sob story.  Anybody else ever felt compelled to sell their collection for a GOOD reason.  What did you sell and why?

TheHeroesUnion_01_Cover for Solicitation_2x3inches (1) (1) copy.jpg

I just ordered a copy! (thumbsu

Very cool that so many here have tried the book!  It’s an absolute thrill to be on this side of your messages. I’d love to hear if you enjoyed the story Roger, Ron, Sal (and a few others including me) put together, so post your reactions here or shoot me an email at editor@sitcomics.net