• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Apple TV's TED LASSO starring Jason Sudeikis (2021)
3 3

63 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2023 at 6:18 PM, piper said:

:bump:

Season 3 (perhaps the finale) just wrapped last night, so thought this thread was worth a bump.

It's nice to see a show stick the landing!

It truly was a wonderful season overall, and a very positive and emotional finale.

So nice to see a show deliver this solidly.

^^

On 6/3/2023 at 3:38 PM, johnenock said:

A lot of the Apple shows are really decent start to finish...Lasso, See, Silo, Foundation etc. great production quality and good acting overall! My new favorite streaming service.

I really enjoyed Severance

On 6/3/2023 at 2:38 PM, johnenock said:

A lot of the Apple shows are really decent start to finish...Lasso, See, Silo, Foundation etc. great production quality and good acting overall! My new favorite streaming service.

Add Drops of God to the Apple good tv watchlist.

On 8/25/2024 at 3:51 AM, piper said:

:whatthe:

:whatthe::whatthe:

Didn't think I wanted it...  but don't mind if I get it. 

It's like having a sundae with three scoops of ice cream.  After that third scoop of ice cream, you are like, "Well that hit the spot and was nice but no more."  However, after a but of time, maybe a week or month later, you say, "I could go for a little more ice cream."

https://deadline.com/2024/08/ted-lasso-season-4-deal-near-brett-goldstein-hannah-waddingham-1236049653/

However, let's look at something.  @Bosco685 you might know more about this... 

Warner Brothers TV exercised the options to do a fourth season and lock down the main characters who had that option embedded in those contracts.   They are also seeking out supporting characters.  For WB to bring back Ted Lasso so they can sell it to Apple for another season...

Combined with the loss of the NBA deal... 

How much financial trouble is WB in? 

On 8/26/2024 at 12:29 AM, Buzzetta said:

:whatthe::whatthe:

Didn't think I wanted it...  but don't mind if I get it. 

It's like having a sundae with three scoops of ice cream.  After that third scoop of ice cream, you are like, "Well that hit the spot and was nice but no more."  However, after a but of time, maybe a week or month later, you say, "I could go for a little more ice cream."

https://deadline.com/2024/08/ted-lasso-season-4-deal-near-brett-goldstein-hannah-waddingham-1236049653/

However, let's look at something.  @Bosco685 you might know more about this... 

Warner Brothers TV exercised the options to do a fourth season and lock down the main characters who had that option embedded in those contracts.   They are also seeking out supporting characters.  For WB to bring back Ted Lasso so they can sell it to Apple for another season...

Combined with the loss of the NBA deal... 

How much financial trouble is WB in? 

It's really bad!

On 8/26/2024 at 12:47 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Dad and I just started this show tonight. Yes, I know, I'm behind on everything.

We're 4 episodes in and it's wonderfully acted, but isn't the plot essentially "Major League?"

The first season, it kind of is, to some extent. But you'll see what it's about towards the end of the first season and into the 2nd season.

On 8/27/2024 at 10:02 AM, Rodey said:

The first season, it kind of is, to some extent. But you'll see what it's about towards the end of the first season and into the 2nd season.

We got there last night. Everyone is correct, this show is beyond amazing. I'm loving it very much.

On 8/27/2024 at 2:31 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

We got there last night. Everyone is correct, this show is beyond amazing. I'm loving it very much.

Once you get to the end of Season 3 and digest the ending, you may be disappointed to find out that there will be a Season 4. 

On 8/27/2024 at 9:27 PM, Buzzetta said:

Once you get to the end of Season 3 and digest the ending, you may be disappointed to find out that there will be a Season 4. 

We're almost there. Like anything else immensely satisfying, it doesn't last long enough.

On 8/28/2024 at 2:27 AM, Buzzetta said:

Spoiler

(shrug) I disagree with the decisions made by one of the main characters but thought it was a satisfying conclusion all the same.

Edited by piper

On 8/28/2024 at 3:29 AM, piper said:

(shrug) I disagree with the decisions made by one of the main characters but thought it was a satisfying conclusion all the same.

Ohhhh put it in a spoiler.  Which one?  

And I meant that the ending was pretty much so good... that there was no need to ruin it by possibly botching another ending to the series. 

Edited by Buzzetta