• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The New Owners of CGC
8 8

216 posts in this topic

You'd have to ask Blackstone, as they are now the big dog at CGC.

24 minutes ago, szav said:

Nice… time to get him and his NBA buddies into stabbed GA comics and have them start posting their awesome books on Instagram or whatever it is kids use nowadays … that’ll help fuel this rocket ship right?

I mean I don’t use social media much or watch the NBA but the article says they’ll increase CGCs digital presence, so who knows.

Come on Scott, you’re not watching the Suns this year? 

I may be behind the curve (as usual), but;

Blackstone (NYSE:BX) announced today that funds managed by its Tactical Opportunities business (“Blackstone”) have agreed to acquire a majority stake in the Certified Collectibles Group (“CCG”)

Is CGC the same entity as CCG?

46 minutes ago, fifties said:

I may be behind the curve (as usual), but;

Blackstone (NYSE:BX) announced today that funds managed by its Tactical Opportunities business (“Blackstone”) have agreed to acquire a majority stake in the Certified Collectibles Group (“CCG”)

Is CGC the same entity as CCG?

CCG is the parent company for CGC (Comics), NGC (Coins), PMG (Paper Money), ASG (Stamps), CSG (Sports Cards), CCS(Comics Conservation), etc., etc.

19 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

What we think of as a hobby these guys think of as a commodity. There’s a new sheriff in town. 

I just hope he's not channelling Jack Palance.  :fear:

Edited by G G ® ™

18 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

What we think of as a hobby these guys think of as a commodity. There’s a new sheriff in town. 

Just a company offering a service for which there is demand being bought by another company. Happens every day. I don’t foresee any meaningful changes for us collectors.

15 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Just a company offering a service for which there is demand being bought by another company. Happens every day. I don’t foresee any meaningful changes for us collectors.

We'll see. I hope you're right.

50 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Yep, this is what was worrying me. They sound a delight. meh

Their real estate division is pretty awful. Their investment management branch is less obviously malicious; many of their purchased companies have done quite well since acquisition.