• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC bought by Blackstone- and now the panic, what next? HA?
2 2

40 posts in this topic

FYI- since many of you in the OA thread don't poke their head in the other CGC threads: :whatev:

Blackstone bought CGC, which also includes this here message board, and the natives are F R E A K I N G  O U T.  I don't care too too much, but what if Blackstone or some other VC set there sights on HA? Now that would be interesting....hm

Blackstone will take it to the next level, how? I predict they will blow people minds by... drum roll please.... after you get your books graded, you send the books back to grade the ACTUAL slab! :bigsmile:

Comic grade: 9.6

Plastic slab grade: 9.3  We can buff out the case's scuffs to get you to a 9.6 (cost: $99.99).

Value can further be enhanced by getting graded slab signed by our rockstar graders (cost $59.99).  

In order to keep up with our industry leaders, we to will now charge a 29.99% buyers premium on all products and services.

Please contact us with any questions ($5.99 consulting fee per question answered).

Thank you for your continued (financial) support. 

Edited by gumbydarnit

Blackstone will claw back a % of auction sales of slabs since they have serial numbers for all slabs produced after they update the CGC terms of use when you send your books in. The cost of slabbing will not be considered a purchase, but some sort of licensing fee. They own it, not you.  The possibilities are endless!

1 hour ago, MyNameIsLegion said:

Blackstone will claw back a % of auction sales of slabs since they have serial numbers for all slabs produced after they update the CGC terms of use when you send your books in. The cost of slabbing will not be considered a purchase, but some sort of licensing fee. They own it, not you.  The possibilities are endless!

Updated Terms of Service ??  Providing your SSN with all CGC submissions ?

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9253/

Edited by Will_K

44 minutes ago, Will_K said:

Updated Terms of Service ??  Providing your SSN with all CGC submissions ?

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9253/

how long before a slab is considered, well, an old fashioned stock certificate? Documented, registered, REGULATED, taxed, traded, leveraged, collateralized, and ultimately, written down or written off?

49 minutes ago, MyNameIsLegion said:

how long before a slab is considered, well, an old fashioned stock certificate? Documented, registered, REGULATED, taxed, traded, leveraged, collateralized, and ultimately, written down or written off?

All in good time. But really, everyone should be paying attention to the formal withdrawal and outlawing of physical coin and paper money globally. It'll start in Europe first, of course, but eventually go everywhere. With BrusselsCoin, FedCoin (et al) in place, there won't be nearly as much collections priority to itemize and track down to the singular unit until...net worth (shhh! insufficiently_thoughtful_person!!), er...wealth tax ;) 

Anyway, what ya'll thought they were gonna actually let you keep your stuff?

Watch 2016 video: World Economic Forum's utopian Great ...

Naw.. :( ...but you can rent it lol 

10 hours ago, vodou said:

Be prepared for: You Didn’t Build That...CGC did, and all that follows from that line of reasoning.

I mean, you don't think Blackrock is involved bought the entire industry to make you wealthier, eh?

And to those wondering...YES, I fully expect moderation of my posts to reach new, even higher levels of censorship ;) 

Be proactive and NFT all your posts now.