• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect notice???
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I received this email from ComicConnect today 

Hello ComicConnect Auction Winners,

Thank you so very much for bidding on all the amazing comics, art, video games, and memorabilia in our latest Event Auction! You made this an auction to remember with so many records broken. The X-men #1 CGC 9.6 sold for $807,300, a new world record for the most expensive X-Men #1 ever sold! 

We can’t wait for you to receive your winnings. As a friendly reminder, if you haven’t already remitted payment, we need you to complete checkout and pay promptly. We need to receive your payment within seven (7) days to avoid interest charges of 1.5% per month and a $25.00 late fee.

To expedite the shipping of your order, and prevent any additional charges, we recommend payment by ACH domestic transfer, RTP (Real-Time Payment) for up to $100,000 if your bank is part of the RTP network, traditional wire transfer for international payments, personal or corporate checks made out in USD, credit cards, and PayPal. Please note that credit cards and PayPal are fee-bearing transactions.

If you have any questions or need assistance with check-out or payment options, please email support@comicconnect.com, and we will gladly assist you.

To view the complete Event Auction #46 results, click here.

Pretty sure this is a phishing email cause I haven't done any buisness with them.I logged in and it tells me I am watching 4 books in their auction but that is from 2011.Also not showing anything in my cart.

Should I be worried I got hacked or just disregard it?

I got the same thing… I think there was an error in their email list.  Ignore it.  I’ve called before and that was what they have told me. 

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I really hope that's a scam because the grammar is ridiculous.   It's that's written by ComicConnect, it's time for them to go back to school. 

Heh you should see the official email I received from UPS… I flat out called to later use it in my questioning to ask what type of clown operation they are running.  

No one takes the time to proofread their official work related writing anymore. 

14 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I really hope that's a scam because the grammar is ridiculous.   It's that's written by ComicConnect, it's time for them to go back to school. 

If I sent a letter out using text abbreviations I would be chewed out and publicly humiliated.

1BB37F81-F743-423C-97E2-2975185EB569.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
17 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

If I sent a letter out using text abbreviations I would be chewed out and publicly humiliated.

Let's capitalize some words, but not others.

Let's put a "1" before the telephone number in one instance, omit it in the second instance.

1.jpg.c6cba26492889403be1f0c86ab66b4df.jpg

On 7/2/2021 at 5:59 PM, Buzzetta said:

I got the same thing… I think there was an error in their email list.  Ignore it.  I’ve called before and that was what they have told me. 

I got one too, and I've been blocked from buying there since a collections clerk blocked me for refusing to have a credit card on file. I don't do that with ANY auction site. Anyway, my theory is that there is some type of policy change in this email, but who knows. I bought a lot from them over the years but that clerk of theirs was FAR too rude and abrasive, so I moved on. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12