• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 6:36 AM, Chicago Boy said:

Beautiful Book !!!  Way more excited for this than the Super 7.0 which is downright gorgeous !  Any hammer guesses on this bad boy or any  owner history anyone can share ?

Hmm, nice presenting 3.0. I'm going to say $650K.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:23 AM, szav said:

CC may want to upgrade the tech on their website or its not going to end well, because while they have landed some big books recently, this is what the fight looks like right now.

image.png.9b3c51388359632539c5e6ad242a442d.png

Although Heritage obviously has the best website, CC isn't the worst (Comiclink's always reminds me of the front page of a 1999 Netscape browser window).  Given how much these guys are making on every auction, it's crazy to me that they don't all have A+ interface design.  

But the dollars are flowing more than ever and that doesn't create much of an incentive to reinvest.

On 10/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Solid guess. I was think around the same....... $675-$750 just to hedge my bets 

Yeah somewhere in that range works. The staple does look pretty rusty, but I don't think it will affect the sale imop. It didn't seem to hurt the 8.5 from selling for an all time high, and I mean we're talking about a 3.0 here. I actually think it gives the book some character :applause:

On 10/27/2021 at 6:40 PM, tth2 said:

Hmm, it was signed by Vinceyewo Zurzokafor.

That dude has aged 20 years since the beginning of Covid.  Time to start to hire actors for press releases

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 10/27/2021 at 5:05 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I saw that too. What a horrible decision: stop the rust and get a conserved label 

The following is only opinion

I thought the same at first so I looked it up. There was a Conserved 5.5 John Berk with replaced staples that sold for 528,000 on HA this past June https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/action-comics-1-dc-1938-cgc-conserved-fn-55-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7244-91001.s?type=GoCollect7244  I doubt this 3.0 would grade up very much if it had conservation work done to it, but what do I know.

So if you were the current owner it probably wouldn't be in your best financial interest to change the color of the label. I really thought I saw a few other Blue label Action 1's up for grabs in the past couple of years (It's all a blur) , but according to go collect the last sales were over 3 years ago. 573,000 for a 4.0 and 815,000 for a 5.0 both in 2018. This 2021 3.0 I think actually has a chance to hit a million or at least 7 or 800K.  A Conserved Action 1 would probably have to be at least a 7.0 or 8.0 to realize the same as a Blue 3.0 these days , but what do I know. Throw out the money aspect and yes - fix that rusty staple. 

lf.jpg

Edited by Professor K

On 11/1/2021 at 10:19 PM, woowoo said:

Looks like this 15% BP is getting to be in every auction with the key book's. I thought it was only with a single seller on last few auctions (shrug)What's really going on hm Thought Vincent bought the Superman himself ? sup1.14508_1.jpg

act1.8433a.jpg

You’re right, woowoo. That IS what we were told. I guess they decided why leave those BP dollars on the table

Owner of the loose Action 1 pages selling on CC has taken page 7 down again, so twice now. He had it up in a previous auction and replaced it with page 6 as I recall. Now he's replaced it with page 1 in the upcoming auction. I think he doesn't want to let go of that page 7 :grin:.

Here's page 1 though. Pretty awesome page obviously, should do well.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/877706

act1.15662.jpg

On 11/15/2021 at 12:30 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Owner of the loose Action 1 pages selling on CC has taken page 7 down again, so twice now. He had it up in a previous auction and replaced it with page 6 as I recall. Now he's replaced it with page 1 in the upcoming auction. I think he doesn't want to let go of that page 7 :grin:.

act1.15662.jpg

The greatest single page in the history of loose pages !  

On 11/15/2021 at 3:19 PM, Chicago Boy said:

The greatest single page in the history of loose pages !  

On 11/15/2021 at 1:30 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

act1.15662.jpg

But that bottom edge . . . how is that page not "BRITTLE"?

Is that what passes for "CREAM-TO-OFF-WHITE" these days?