• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 New York City Comic Con Cover Variant (1985)
5 5

27 posts in this topic

Wouldn't the signatures on the inside of the book drop the Universal grade a bit? Maybe -0.2 or so?

3 minutes ago, grendelbo said:

Wouldn't the signatures on the inside of the book drop the Universal grade a bit? Maybe -0.2 or so?

No they just note them, do not effect the grade at all unless they might effect the appearance of the book. Like if they were written on the cover and have indents etc.

8 minutes ago, grendelbo said:

I believe it's just a notation like a Mark Jewelers insert would be noted

Edited by Funnybooks

On 8/4/2010 at 8:36 AM, Gemma said:

If the second signature is witnessed then the comic will receive a yellow Signature Series label, but the original signature may affect the grade slightly (more so if it was on the cover of the book).

Just wondering and looking for a consensus. I've investigated this before. Looks like it may or may not according to this grader. Board members have reported 9.8s with interior signatures. When grading I deduct, but generally not much, for any interior writing.

6 hours ago, Finhead said:

No they just note them, do not effect the grade at all unless they might effect the appearance of the book. Like if they were written on the cover and have indents etc.

That's good to know. My Punisher #1 (1987) is signed by the writer Mike Baron inside & I was wondering what impact it might have if I ever got it graded. Thanks