• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the most secure way to ship comics?

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this, but I’m wondering what the best service to use is when shipping comics with semi high value ($500+)

UPS? USPS priority? Priority express?

is there an agreed upon best way to ship out comics that you want to make sure are delivered that will also protect yourself as a seller if the customer tries something shady?

Thanks in advance 

9 hours ago, Hezi said:

Hello,

Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this, but I’m wondering what the best service to use is when shipping comics with semi high value ($500+)

UPS? USPS priority? Priority express?

is there an agreed upon best way to ship out comics that you want to make sure are delivered that will also protect yourself as a seller if the customer tries something shady?

Thanks in advance 

CGC uses USPS Registered Mail (if you select USPS) which requires the package to get logged in every step of the way.  It does take longer due to that   With Covid, I don't know how reliable getting a signature upon delivery is though

8 hours ago, csaag said:

CGC uses USPS Registered Mail (if you select USPS) which requires the package to get logged in every step of the way.  It does take longer due to that   With Covid, I don't know how reliable getting a signature upon delivery is though

I've received probably 10 "signature required" packages in the last 3 months and haven't signed for any of them.  Now, in most cases I'm here when it arrives, or it has been stuffed into my locking mailbox, so it's not a big deal.  But I do wonder what they'd do if I claimed I never received it.

2 minutes ago, MattTheDuck said:

I've received probably 10 "signature required" packages in the last 3 months and haven't signed for any of them.  Now, in most cases I'm here when it arrives, or it has been stuffed into my locking mailbox, so it's not a big deal.  But I do wonder what they'd do if I claimed I never received it.

That was my experience too with USPS since the covid outbreak. Whenever I get a package from USPS w/ signature, I never signed for them either. I believe the driver signs them for the recipient instead.

Fedex though on the other hand still doorbells and asks for a signature from the recipient 

2 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

That was my experience too with USPS since the covid outbreak. Whenever I get a package from USPS w/ signature, I never signed for them either. I believe the driver signs them for the recipient instead.

Fedex though on the other hand still doorbells and asks for a signature from the recipient 

Yes that's right - all mine have been USPS.  

8 minutes ago, adampasz said:
38 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I prefer the shark / Tachtisquach courier system.

How do you keep the comics from getting wet?

Spongebob Imagination GIF | Gfycat

4 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

Same for me with my last 4 CGC shipments using both UPS and FedEx. Thankfully I can track and know what day it is coming so I can keep an eye on the Ring doorbell to tell me when something is dropped off. I'll then get the "Delivered" text showing I "signed" for it. 

7 minutes ago, Hezi said:

Thank you all for the advice. I really appreciate it! 

You're welcome! :D