• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA Sale; Mad, Pre-Code Crime & Atlas Horror, other EC, Spirit (Quality and Fiction House); <CLOSED>
5 5

122 posts in this topic

Wanted Comics #44, 1952, Toytown Pub. I think this one is about a 4.5 copy. Very nice color/gloss, but some edge wear (including the spine, and a couple corner creases) drop it. Nice pages, well attached, prison break cover. None on the census.

$60  NOW $49  NOW $43   **FINAL PRICE $40**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

You may have gotten  it from  me.  I buy those on a fairly regular basis,  it helps to be a bottom feeder,  lol 
That's a  POP HOLLINGER  book. (See Overstreet #12 for the full story)

Edited by catrick339

On 7/10/2021 at 7:30 AM, elibowman said:

Murder Incorporated, Vol 2 #2, 1950, Fox Feature. Low grade copy that I got here on the boards (from Gene, maybe? Rickster? Can't remember now). Very neat tape job on the spine that I believe was some old collector's calling card. Tape also reinforces the interior edges of the covers. Again, lots of care taken to do a neat job here. Lots of surface wear to go with it. No tears to speak of, and all attached. 1.8? Asking what I gave for it.

$25

image.jpg

take

EC magazine Adult Tales Of Terror Illustrated #2, 1956. This one looks to be about 3.0. Spine and edge wear, some soiling to front cover, back is more of the same, front cover pulled through at top staple, and pulling (but still attached) at the bottom. 56 interior pages (14 wraps), which I believe is complete. None on eBay that I could find in listed or sold. I have no idea, so I am going to throw $70 on it.

NOW $55  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 7/8/2021 at 3:47 PM, elibowman said:

Ok...in an effort to get over letting that last book go, I am going to list a few more. 

Men Against Crime #5, 1951, Ace Magazines. This is a really sharp book. It needs a press, as some of the spine wear is non-color breaking. Good colors and gloss, flat, well attached, "S" written in pencil on cover. I think this is at least a 6.0 or 6.5 as it sits.

$50  **NOW $40**

image.jpg

image.jpg

take

EC magazine Shock Illustrated #2, 1956. This one is a bit better in maybe 3.5 or 4.0. Spine wear, minor creasing, some soiling to cover, piece torn on back cover, but still there. Still very supple and readable. Again, I have no experience with these. At least there are a couple recent eBay sales. Let's try $40...

NOW $30  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

I will try and get a bunch more listed tomorrow. In the meantime, take all three EC mags for $100 shipped in the US. Please note, I don't think I have any mag boards. I hate selling without a bag and board, but I don't deal with mags very often.

Edited by elibowman

On The Spot (Pretty Boy Floyd...), nn, 1948, Fawcett. Low grade copy, but complete and attached. See damage at the top spine that extends down to top staple. Some staining, chipping, etc. Covers are showing age, but the interior is still supple, and the book is readable overall. I think it's a 2.5.

$50   **FINAL PRICE $40**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Don Winslow Of The Navy #36, 1946, Fawcett. This one looks great. Some stacking roll, a bit of damage to the top of spine resulting in a 1.5” split with some paper loss, dust shadow on back. Great color on the octopus cover. Complete and attached. I think it's a 4.0.

$35   **FINAL PRICE $29**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman