• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

marvel s.a. annuals/specials [and cousins]
1 1

257 posts in this topic

You know, I never realized just how bad that drawing of Spider-Man was on the bottom of the cover of the first Fantastic Four Annual. The worst Spider-Man I've ever seen. Was that Kirby? Or did he just draw the Sub-Mariner section at the top?

On 2/2/2024 at 2:24 PM, Happy Noodle Boy said:

You know, I never realized just how bad that drawing of Spider-Man was on the bottom of the cover of the first Fantastic Four Annual. The worst Spider-Man I've ever seen. Was that Kirby? Or did he just draw the Sub-Mariner section at the top?

It's Kirby. 

The King never quite got a handle on Spidey, tho ASM 8 isn't bad.

On 2/3/2024 at 7:45 AM, KirbyJack said:

It's Kirby. 

The King never quite got a handle on Spidey, tho ASM 8 isn't bad.

I actually really like Kirby's work on ASM 8; it's my favorite of the single-digit Spideys. Pete punches out Flash Thompson, insults the Human Torch and leaves Sue Storm a valentine made of webs! Great issue.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:09 PM, KirbyJack said:

I looked hard at some squarebound westerns recently. I had never seen some of them; very tempting.

Since I just got this one in and opened it up today, I went thru it and counted pages (everything ya do when a new book comes in) and this one has quite a few reprints in it. To Marvel's credit, they identify each reprint story with its original issue of printing! I like that, because I like to know where they came from!  (thumbsu