• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possibility of grading Pokemon sealed product (similar to video games).

5 posts in this topic

CGC has stated that they are looking to move into validating and grading video games which come in different shapes and sizes.

Another route they could take which involves sealed product would be to grade Pokemon theme decks, booster boxes, ETBs, and packs. Perhaps Jumbo cards and box toppers too.

• Administrator

CGC Trading Cards currently only grades standard-sized Pokémon cards. We are working on new holders to encapsulate larger cards as well.

Paul

On 7/12/2021 at 6:53 AM, PaulS. said:

CGC Trading Cards currently only grades standard-sized Pokémon cards. We are working on new holders to encapsulate larger cards as well.

Paul

So does this mean they would begin grading cards that are still sealed in packages (or booster packs)?

I have some cards from the 2000 Pokemon movie that are still in the packaging that they were given out in and was told they cannot be graded.

On 7/12/2021 at 5:53 AM, PaulS. said:

Paul

That's great. It would be awesome if you could pass to the team or yourself or whoever is in charge of designing the new holders but I believe the Pokemon community would love a holder for the new Pokemon v-union cards. Here is an example of what BGS did for another card game and I uploaded examples of the upcoming 4 regular card V-union cards. In this special case BGS only authenticated the four cards rather than giving 4 separate grades or 1 overall grade.

83175097_832618050498291_3140813745101087434_n.jpg

Greninja-V-UNION.jpg

Mewtwo-V-UNION.jpg

Zacian-V-UNION.jpg

card-union-1.png

Edited by Assassin5757

6 hours ago, Assassin5757 said:

That's great. It would be awesome if you could pass to the team or yourself or whoever is in charge of designing the new holders but I believe the Pokemon community would love a holder for the new Pokemon v-union cards. Here is an example of what BGS did for another card game and I uploaded examples of the upcoming 4 regular card V-union cards. In this special case BGS only authenticated the four cards rather than giving 4 separate grades or 1 overall grade.

83175097_832618050498291_3140813745101087434_n.jpg

Greninja-V-UNION.jpg

Mewtwo-V-UNION.jpg

Zacian-V-UNION.jpg

card-union-1.png

I agree with this!