• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Point Five's 2nd Annual Grading Contest: SIGNUP THREAD!
10 10

91 posts in this topic

Hello folks, and welcome to a new grading contest! 

I've got 10 freshly CGC-graded books in my hot little hands. (FYI: one book came back qualified, but the qualifier does not affect the grade; one book I did not submit myself but am pretty sure it was graded this year.) I'll provide you with front and back raw scans for each book, and notes where I deem appropriate, but no additional enlargement scans. Take your best shot at guessing the CGC grades based on the raw scans posted. Scoring is the same as the Green Eggs contests were scored:

Bullseye = 5 points
1 grade off = 3 points
2 grades off = 1 point
3 or more grades off = -1 point.

--

RULES (PLEASE READ!) :

-- Post in this thread that you're "In" on this game. I'll take 40 contestants; first come first serve. I wish I could take more players but I just don't have the bandwidth to score more than that. I encourage you to play along at home even if you miss the signup... you'll get a nice focused snapshot of CGC's current grading for books like these.

-- This time I'll make this contest closer to the Green Eggs one and will post the books in three four consecutive rounds instead of one. After signup is done, I will start a new thread and post scans for the first round of 3 books, and you'll have 48 hours to grade them. Send me a PM with your grades (make the title "Grading Contest: [your username]") and I'll record them. Send just one PM with all of your grades and add to it for future rounds; no changing of grades.  

(Note: I ask that you do not use the census in any way, as IMO it goes against the spirit of the contest. By playing, you agree to this. Thanks.) :foryou:

-- The second and third rounds will follow. Work is a bit slamming right now and I may need to delay one round or another if unavoidable but will do my best to keep things moving.

The player with the highest total score will win $20 Paypal from me. If there are ties for first place, the tying contestant with the highest number of bullseyes will be the winner. If there are *still* ties from there, I'll figure something else out, likely dividing up the prize between the winners which will pretty much p!ss everyone off. By playing, you agree to all that too.

Good luck!  :banana:

Jon

Edited by Point Five

1. CHASEnBLUE

2. grendelbo

3. thehumantorch

4. comicdonna

5. BrianNichols

6. BriD.

7. Math Teacher

8. piper

9. Djohnson321