• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Point Five's 2nd Annual Grading Contest: ROUND 1 BOOKS!
10 10

178 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Changer said:

wow.. that spine must be better then it looks. 

I know what you mean. The spine is admittedly kind of dirty, but the rest of the book is pretty flat and clean, certainly so for a 1940s book.

2 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

The only one we're missing is @onlyweaknesskryptonite

In this conversation and then @Point Five will be like :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Galen130 said:

I’ll fill in for @onlyweaknesskryptonite until he gets here…

38718405-E640-463C-ABA2-CC4B7A9ABF45.gif

I am back. Was driving. Had a 12 hour drive today. Coming back from a trip to see the family.  ( Ohio to Florida)

dammit, was debating with the 1 or 1.5 on this one.  Coin flip ruined my glory.

13 hours ago, Point Five said:

2. Eerie (Avon) #1   

And here's one where I screwed the pooch. Hoping for a 1.5, 1.8 on a good day... but CGC no likey complete split reattached with tape. I feel vindicated at least that a bunch of you agreed with me.  :foryou: 

eerie1slab.thumb.JPG.2180711a71d78810b4a9652c2e3195c2.JPG

I'm a noob to this, can you explain how the scoring works? I don't see an explanation on the first post......also would be interesting to see the actual grades people gave, and if public shaming is a fear then could just release them with no name attached, would be interesting to see the distribution.

2. Eerie (Avon) #1   

And here's one where I screwed the pooch. Hoping for a 1.5, 1.8 on a good day... but CGC no likey complete split reattached with tape. I feel vindicated at least that a bunch of you agreed with me.  :foryou: 

Does nothing for me :cry:

2. Eerie (Avon) #1   

eerie1slab.thumb.JPG.2180711a71d78810b4a9652c2e3195c2.JPG

I have a 1.8 book with complete split reattached with tape and interior wraps split as well AND brittle pages. Frankly your book looks better than mine so this surprised me. I guess mine was on a good day 

10 minutes ago, Croatbag said:

Didn't realize there was a separate thread for the signup.  As for the other part, I see a detailed sheet on our scores....I meant to see the grading scores people actually guessed.

I just now realized that the spreadsheet does it for me... so the answer is yes, here you go!

Here's the grade distribution for the first three books. The spread on Book 1 (Action 48) is pretty interesting... that was a good one to have gotten right or even close to right, as most guesses were somewhere in the VG range.

1236538501_ScreenShot2021-07-16at5_41_43PM.png.323470864f338948b8e57eafc734317e.png