• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trimming only interior pages?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am considering buying a Batman book, the seller being a kind person, offered up that he believed it may be trimmed, but he said only the interior pages.  He gave me pictures which I will put in here.  On the inside one you can see the cover and all the little rips on it which would lead me to believe the cover itself is not trimmed.  I have almost no experience in trimmed books so this is just me spit balling mostly and wanted to get some other feedback.  First, my understanding of trimming was that it generally involved the covers...either just the covers, or if its the whole book would include the covers as well.  Not sure what would be gained by just trimming the interior pages.  I guess this is a two fold questions, first, if indeed only the interior pages were trimmed, would this get grades the same as if the cover is trimmed and therefore not get a blue label?  Second, looking at the pics and just the overall weirdness (at least to me) of only interior pages being trimmed, do you think the pages have been trimmed?

I see that there is an angle/slope to the pages getting wider on the outside edge towards the bottom, but seems like that could just be a miscut as well.

This was very rambling, totally stream of consciousness writing, thanks for bearing it and making it to the end appreciate it.

373250282_batman64front(5).thumb.jpg.e345728e6d92a3f451942a780ab3f7b8.jpg2111807231_batman64CF(3).thumb.jpg.1e648ea6c6e4cb9f2e35e247b2070cb1.jpg1510973248_IMG_22503080(3).thumb.jpg.8e220b81a3e075c6693e41a4d79bc921.jpg

16 hours ago, Croatbag said:

Hello,

I am considering buying a Batman book, the seller being a kind person, offered up that he believed it may be trimmed, but he said only the interior pages.  He gave me pictures which I will put in here.  On the inside one you can see the cover and all the little rips on it which would lead me to believe the cover itself is not trimmed.  I have almost no experience in trimmed books so this is just me spit balling mostly and wanted to get some other feedback.  First, my understanding of trimming was that it generally involved the covers...either just the covers, or if its the whole book would include the covers as well.  Not sure what would be gained by just trimming the interior pages.  I guess this is a two fold questions, first, if indeed only the interior pages were trimmed, would this get grades the same as if the cover is trimmed and therefore not get a blue label?  Second, looking at the pics and just the overall weirdness (at least to me) of only interior pages being trimmed, do you think the pages have been trimmed?

I see that there is an angle/slope to the pages getting wider on the outside edge towards the bottom, but seems like that could just be a miscut as well.

This was very rambling, totally stream of consciousness writing, thanks for bearing it and making it to the end appreciate it.

373250282_batman64front(5).thumb.jpg.e345728e6d92a3f451942a780ab3f7b8.jpg2111807231_batman64CF(3).thumb.jpg.1e648ea6c6e4cb9f2e35e247b2070cb1.jpg1510973248_IMG_22503080(3).thumb.jpg.8e220b81a3e075c6693e41a4d79bc921.jpg

Is your seller aware of the color touch randomly applied to transverse, longitudinal, and diagonal fractured creases in the brick areas? How about the tear seals on the right edge, front cover? 

Did he happen to mention any of this to you? 

He did not mention those, but I just think he isn't aware of them.  The tear seal spots that you mention I can see where maybe it might be, but I've never seen a tear seal in person so can't say anything for sure.  As for the color touch now that you mention it I notice some, coming diagonally out of the middle of the mans hat is the biggest right?

On 7/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, Croatbag said:

He did not mention those, but I just think he isn't aware of them.  The tear seal spots that you mention I can see where maybe it might be, but I've never seen a tear seal in person so can't say anything for sure.  As for the color touch now that you mention it I notice some, coming diagonally out of the middle of the mans hat is the biggest right?

That's a little bit of it. Maybe 2 or 3%.. There's a lot more. :whatthe: