• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Order status is Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging - Any turnaround time Estimates?

21 posts in this topic

I checked yesterday and one set of 25 books from my last submission has changed from the status "Schdeuled for Grading" to "Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging". Any guess as to how long the Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging process takes?

40 minutes ago, mergebow1 said:

I checked yesterday and one set of 25 books from my last submission has changed from the status "Schdeuled for Grading" to "Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging". Any guess as to how long the Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging process takes?

To some extent depends on the tier probably 

1 hour ago, mergebow1 said:

It depends the tier. My submissions have taken 1-2 weeks to change to the next status.

Thanks! This is my first time submitting books for grading. I have 65 books in queue right now, that were sent back in May. All but one are modern. I figure on volume alone, I am going to be waiting. 

21 hours ago, mergebow1 said:

My last submission finally did that as well after a few months. After a few days, it changed to Grading/Quality Control. I'm not sure what the difference is.

2 hours ago, jokiing said:

Magazine submission has been in "Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging" limbo for two weeks.... Yes, tiers do matter. No love for magazines.

No love for magazines AT ALL  :(  

On 7/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, Inictus said:

My last submission finally did that as well after a few months. After a few days, it changed to Grading/Quality Control. I'm not sure what the difference is.

Just to follow up - my submission shipped today - so it seems once you get to the Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging status - you are getting close! Hang in there!

On 7/15/2021 at 8:17 AM, J RANDALL said:

When do you submit your books?

Shipped from CA on April 28th.

Arived at USPS FL on  May 5th.  

Received by CGC on June 22nd.

Total days since day shipped as of today: 79 days and counting

Update as of July 19th: The 25 books that were sent to "Grading / Quality Control" are now "Finialized / Imaged / Shipped" even got an email and a tracking number. There are 39 more books to go!

Edited by mergebow1

3 hours ago, Inictus said:

Just to follow up - my submission shipped today - so it seems once you get to the Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging status - you are getting close! Hang in there!

I wonder, will they ship the 25 books when completed or wait until all 65 books in my order done?

Value - went to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging as soon as they created the category around 7/8, still there.

Magazine Modern - went to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging also when created on or about 7/8, still there.

12 days at least.  So, for me, Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging is just another parking lot.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, mergebow1 said:

I wonder, will they ship the 25 books when completed or wait until all 65 books in my order done?

CGC largest box holds 25 slabs so if 25 are graded/ QC they will probably ship.

On 7/15/2021 at 2:18 PM, jokiing said:

Magazine submission has been in "Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging" limbo for two weeks.... Yes, tiers do matter. No love for magazines.

Now five weeks in magazine "Grading/Incapsulation/Imaging" limbo... submitted 1/22/21...

On 7/15/2021 at 5:18 PM, jokiing said:

Keep in mind they have to change their setup when they encapsulate magazines, that's why it takes longer. This was explained to me a long time ago and creates an issues, as the magazine blanks are different in size and they wait to do a bunch of magazines at a time..

On 8/4/2021 at 9:53 PM, joeypost said:

Keep in mind they have to change their setup when they encapsulate magazines, that's why it takes longer. This was explained to me a long time ago and creates an issues, as the magazine blanks are different in size and they wait to do a bunch of magazines at a time..

Great information and insight - thanks. Also something that could easily be remedied with Blackstone money.