• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books with funny doodles
5 5

99 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 6:09 PM, Kevin.J said:

If you have a little sister, never leave your comics out :tonofbricks:

17.thumb.jpg.8ddb1e85a56da694e6619e8c9720f71a.jpg

That's hysterical 🤣 I have to say that I always thought this cover would look so much better without the human torch and just Spidey battling the Green Goblin.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:58 AM, Cushing Fan said:

That's hysterical 🤣 I have to say that I always thought this cover would look so much better without the human torch and just Spidey battling the Green Goblin.

Agreed.

Its an unlucky comic for me, I have upgraded it 3 or 4 times and never been happy with what I received.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, Stronguy said:

I was going through a stack of books the other day and found this doodle.  "Sabin Gray" doesn't seem like a common name so I looked him up on Facebook.  I sent a message to him asking if he used to collect comics and if this was possibly him.  He responded a couple of weeks later and said, indeed it was him.  He used to have subs to Marvel and DC books but was always more of a DC fan than Marvel.  He would sometimes mark up his books like this.  Hard times forced him to sell off his collection at some point in the early 2000s.  I haven't heard back from him but I would like to get this book back to him at some point.

IMG_5369.thumb.JPG.cea61f1788085d46879a4c8fa51ac184.JPG

That is very cool and good sleuthing on your part!

On 8/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, Randall Ries said:

I have an original 1957 copy of Elvis Presley's 1st TV Guide cover appearance. Those things aren't cheap. I bought a nice copy with an aggravating doodle:

eptvguide.thumb.jpg.bfcd5a3d2c2c60c9a8db1b2261b1493e.jpg

In Seinfeld, the same guy who Elaine meets on the subway and gives the TV  Guide to is the same man who makes the mannequin that looks like here  [swipe to see] :