• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross Over
1 1

14 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

For anyone that has done a Cross over regrade, what were the results?? Curious because I have a book that I believe could be much higher .Thanks!

There was a thread awhile back that tallied up results of those who posted, and it was basically a 3-sided die. You have about an equal chance of any result.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

There was a thread awhile back that tallied up results of those who posted, and it was basically a 3-sided die. You have about an equal chance of any result.

Ty so much! It presents well but was graded at a 9.0 which I personally don't think is fair. I feel with a press and maybe  a fresh set of eyes, it could be at least a 9.6

Just now, Ninja0215 said:

Ty so much! It presents well but was graded at a 9.0 which I personally don't think is fair. I feel with a press and maybe  a fresh set of eyes, it could be at least a 9.6

I am assuming that it has press-able defects? I'm personally not a fan of throwing everything to the presses; Just those that would improve with certainty.

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

I am assuming that it has press-able defects? I'm personally not a fan of throwing everything to the presses; Just those that would improve with certainty.

I believe it would, I'll have to look at it again. The grading notes say small color breaks but I can't see any. 

Just now, Ninja0215 said:

I believe it would, I'll have to look at it again. The grading notes say small color breaks but I can't see any. 

Interesting. That would be something I think would keep it from grading higher, assuming that the notes are accurate.

As always, it's your money. If you don't see any color breaks, and you can afford to take a chance, why not?

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is there anything going on along the spine, in the middle there between that top chain and the arm? Could be part of the case, or artwork, if no defect there. Other than that it looks clean in this picture.

Ill get a better pic of it when I get home, that's all I have for right now. . 👍

On 7/16/2021 at 2:30 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You're only seeing about 40% of the book. :makepoint:

And Spawns are notorious for having black back covers where most of the production, shipping and handling defects occur (scuffing and spine ticks).