• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Predicament involving GA purchase and cautionary tale about "shaken comic syndrome"
3 3

73 posts in this topic

What I don't understand about all this are a coupla things;

1. If I received a book I was not happy with, I would contact the seller immediately with pictures and ask them for their thoughts. I would not send the book back until they had given me a definitive response.

2. I would also never just send a refund back unilaterally. 

If you return a book and then you receive a full refund, that's the matter closed IMO. You have completely confused the issue IMO.

As regards the Ritters; I have done business with them quite a few times over the years. Transactions have always been top notch but I will say they do sometimes go off the radar as regards email communication. No idea why this is, but it does happen with them from time to time.

3 hours ago, vheflin said:

Thus we have the great philosophical question of our time: If a comic book is sold but not reported to GPA, did it really sell?

....and if the paper came from the tree that fell in a forest with no one about to see or hear it, did the book even exist in the first place? :insane:

2 hours ago, G G ® ™ said:

If I received a book I was not happy with

People keep throwing around judgemental terms like "unhappy", "complaining" and "problem customer."

Frankly, I sense fear of dealers and dealers' power.  Last I checked, this is the CGC Collectors' Society.

Happy ending: Sharon just reached out, said they are sending back my money and addressed a few other things.

It makes me laugh when dealers put books in auctions.  It's like they lack confidence in their own ability to sell, or judge a market.  But that's another subject.

Thanks to everyone who listened and weighed in.  I'm satisfied with the conclusion but it sure didn't need to take this long.

Edited by Heronext

Just now, Scrooge said:

Please don't follow up a compliment re: happy ending with throwing shade about the book being at auction. That shade is reflecting back on you.

Glad you got the money coming your way to close this transaction.

I never complimented them.  And thanks for sharing your views on what I choose to post.

Again, fear of dealers.

47 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

:roflmao:

Please do let us know when you have the money on hand. We do care that you get it back. :foryou:

Sincerely, thanks for your input. Peace.

Edited by Heronext