• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you regret not buying within theses times…
1 1

44 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I bought every one I saw.

And then gave them away to nerds who hadn't read it.

I almost regret (actually I do,) giving away a neat selection of Bronze Marvels and EC Gladstone reprints to a young chap who was just getting started when the DC New 52 was coming out. It included a Doctor Strange (second series,) 48 and some other nice items which I hope he appreciates as I can't afford some of them now! I both bless my luck at buying the right comics, then curse my inability to hold onto some of them! 

11 minutes ago, LowGradeBronze said:

I almost regret (actually I do,) giving away a neat selection of Bronze Marvels and EC Gladstone reprints to a young chap who was just getting started when the DC New 52 was coming out. It included a Doctor Strange (second series,) 48 and some other nice items which I hope he appreciates as I can't afford some of them now! I both bless my luck at buying the right comics, then curse my inability to hold onto some of them! 

The way i see it, if you created a lifelong comic enthusiast with that gift, it was completely worth it. 

AF15 in VG back in 1976 for £25. (A lot of money to spend on one comic when you are only 12 and more than I had but still a missed opportunity!) Also Action 1 which Fantasy Unlimited in London had for sale in 1980 for £1200. Again I was only 16 and my budget for a comic splurge during the holiday was around £25. I bought Epic illustrated 1 that time plus others. 

Well, that's only 2 books there with the FF 48 and 49.  :bigsmile:

Mine's was saying NO to paying $1,000 for a supposedly HG run of Spidey 2 through 10 (all becasue it was missing the Spidey 1) in the late 80's after an almost full decade of Marvel SA going absolutely nowhere, but just before they started their meteoric rise at the end of the 80's into the beginnings of the 90's.  doh!  :facepalm:

Not so much for what they would be worth nowadays as I know the books would simply still be sitting in my personal collection today if I had said Yes, but really more for the fact of all those key villian first appearances which I would have gotten.  :cry:

21 hours ago, William-James88 said:

UF 4

This. Absolutely. I can't tell you how many times I said to myself "it's gonna come down. When it does, I'll pick it up." Sadly, that ship has sailed.

19 minutes ago, an99 said:

This. Absolutely. I can't tell you how many times I said to myself "it's gonna come down. When it does, I'll pick it up." Sadly, that ship has sailed.

Well, 9.8s are coming down a bit now.

22 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Damn it I really wanted a man-thing #1 9.8 . No jokes please😂 I  understand I left myself up to a lot of jokes on! Ugh!

Well there's always a number of giant size man-things available at any given time so there's that. And with such a title I don't know that the grade really matters ;)

As for the question... pretty much any FF in any grade! 

I wish I had purchased more in March 2020.  

I saw a lot of great deals, but didn't buy for the same reason that everyone else didn't.  Pandemic made it so everything was an unknown.

By April, enough people were like ell no and were buying. 

Couple items that I REALLY regret not buying.  But more in the toy genre.  

Patrick 

15 hours ago, Austin_t_a said:

Well, 9.8s are coming down a bit now.

Are they? I haven't checked in a while. Thanks for letting me know. 😉

Upgrading FF1. Actually thought a few of those sold for fair prices during all this spec hype. I just was focused on a book that always ended after FF in the auctions. 

Modern Comics - I regret missing out on Captain Marvel #14 & 17 (first appearances of Kamala Kahn).  I thought I missed out on UF #4, but searched my collection and it turns out I surprisingly had the forethought to pick up a copy (it's still sealed in the original polybag, yet to be slabbed).  

Bronze - Iron Man #55 & Ghost Rider #1.  I had IM 55 on my "want list" for forever, then it exploded.  Ghost Rider #1 is the last issue I need to complete the series  :(  Same thing with Hero for Hire #1 - the last issue I need to complete my PM/IF run.  At least I have a reprint of HfH #1 - to my knowledge, there hasn't yet been a reprint/facsimile of GR #1.    

On 7/20/2021 at 2:40 AM, Buzzetta said:

@jaybuck43

I should have bought more shares as a silent minority stakeholder in a New Jersey based waste removal company. 

My New Jersey based waste removal company was recently acquired by a larger corporation! 

Bought a few shares as a joke purchase and now it will pay out lol 

Now I need a new waste removal company to invest in.