• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art Sale and Exhibit - Society of Illustrators
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Imma go. Thanks! 

@BCarter27 do you know why some pieces had initials instead of prices? Were they already sold or perhaps that is the consignor's ID?

In any event I see a few pieces I might go after, very enticing!

Edited by Bird

Hey all... We were a little early and they were still getting placards up with pricing. So I didn't see prices on anything. And yeah, some of the pieces are probably from familiar dealers, but there was a LOT I had not see floating around. It was a great curation and a great event to bring people back to the Society.

Drop them a line if you have interest in a particular piece, and I am sure they can get you more info. But for those in the NE, try to stop by in person. It's a great venue.

Hi all, I’m so sorry the art price list has been delayed— the Society has been working hard preparing to post the photos, information and prices for each piece. They said they’d be up as soon as they can, I think some time mid next week. There are over 175 pieces of art in this sale! Perhaps 50 or so are known dealers stock I think-- that means 125 pieces have not previously been available! Once photos and prices are posted please feel free to contact me if there are any questions, at robpistella@mac.com or text me at 804-363-1365. 

Comic Arts Fan Ad 1.jpeg

Edited by artcollector9
spelling

16 hours ago, artdealer said:

I suppose you can’t view the sale on SI’s website. 

Hi Mitch, Actually by late next week, the 175 pieces of art should be on the Society website with a photo, info and prices. 

Edited by artcollector9
spelling

17 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Good to see some of these pieces. Many appeared to belong to a dealer in Ohio.

Hi Ankur, I think around 30 of the pieces came from Mike's convention and online stock, but the rest of Mike's consignment are new to market, as are the majority of the 175 pieces which came mostly all from private collectors. I hope you find something of interest. 

is anything not newly published "new to the market"? But I'll still check it out, I want to see that Toppi page up close as well as some of the others. I have a great Toppi but it is a standalone image. This one is not as cool as the sequential one offered at HA a while back (with the car) but it is groovy indeed.

We are actually heading into the city next weekend and I think I can twist my wife and son's arms for a visit.  Last time we went was when Mike had his "amazing" Spidey showing there... that was a sight to behold.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:56 PM, fmaz said:

We are actually heading into the city next weekend and I think I can twist my wife and son's arms for a visit.  Last time we went was when Mike had his "amazing" Spidey showing there... that was a sight to behold.

I will likely be there Sat, earlier more likely than not. I'll have a white medical mask on, not a fabric one, and likely have a comic shirt of some sort on as well. 6 ft white male, balding/shaved head. Say hello if you see me! 

On 7/22/2021 at 10:29 PM, Bird said:

I will likely be there Sat, earlier more likely than not. I'll have a white medical mask on, not a fabric one, and likely have a comic shirt of some sort on as well. 6 ft white male, balding/shaved head. Say hello if you see me! 

We should be there right after an early lunch …. Me with my wife and son in tow. I’m the devilishly handsome George Clooney type, if Clooney lost most of his hair, gained 50 lbs, and was, say 1/4 as handsome.  But, you know, still an adult male in his 50’s with gray short hair.  So… statistically in the ballpark. 

gallery is online with listed prices

I was thinking of burning my AF15 fund on some art but the piece I was most interested in stunned me with the price. Lots of fairly priced items and fun to look them over online.

Good stuff! The Woodrings were awesome, I think the Sanjulian Superman is a great piece and very affordable. Wally Wood greatness and lots of it!